News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Spot the difference

Started by Tony, April 07, 2014, 08:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

well, one is arriva the other nxwm. arriva one is a daf db250 (same chassis as nxwm's spectras) nxwm is a transbus trident. arriva one has odd layout & was dual door. nxwm has tree defender, and one you cant see in this pic, is the rear corner panels which contain rear lights are different, same as where rear reg plate is located etc.

Ex BC driver

The Arriva vehicle looks like the low height model too

Sh4318

The NXWM ALX has bigger black surrounds
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4609

All the stop buttons work on 4571 lol  :P  (Thats what bob would probably say! Am i right bob?)

andy

Quote from: Nathan on May 04, 2014, 07:36:01 PM
All the stop buttons work on 4571 lol  :P  (Thats what bob would probably say! Am i right bob?)

The one that doesn't have working bell pushes is also a threadbare shed interior wise with a terrible seat layout and it sounds completely knackered and isn't suitable for interurban work, is wasted on Wednesfield routes which could be operated with a Ford Transit and it should be moved to Cannock immediately along with every other double decker in the country.

However, once there it would break down every day due to terrible maintenece and fitters not fixing buses properly, its timetables would be changed weekly without any posters on board or notices on the website. Eventually it would be put onto a new service going to Birmingham along the wrong route which would be withdrawn 6 months later.

However, if it arrived in Walsall and was painted red and white it would be a triumph to behold. It would be welcome in Cannock anytime and if only it would bring all its mates with their cheap Daysavers which you wouldn't be allowed to buy anyway.

It would then probably spontaneously combust like so many of its colleagues do on a monthly basis, but we won't talk about that.....

the trainbasher

Ones off to Pattingham and one will be off to Bilston!

Ones W reg and ones 04 reg

Ones got a n sticker in and the other one hasnt

Ones got a wheelchair sticker and the other one hasnt

(just to be mad slightly)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 04, 2014, 08:20:22 PM

I would have included that but thought that was too obvious ;)

CL

Quote from: Nathan on May 04, 2014, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on May 04, 2014, 08:20:22 PM

I would have included that but thought that was too obvious ;)

Whilst on the topic of displays, one of them is a flip dot, and the other, an led display, but in terms of similarities, both displays are made by Hanover! :D ::) :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

One Is Blue, One is red
The Blue bus doesn't have a N.S mirror
One has it's headlights on, the other doesn't
One bus has a lamp post growing out the roof
One has a 'Barge Board' the other doesn't need one
One goes to a nice area you'd like to live, the other goes to an area you'd be reluctant to cash in a winning lottery ticket
On the one bus people have in date passes, the other carries out of date family Daysavers
On the one bus most people sit downstairs & talk about the weather, on the other they sit upstairs listen to gangster rap and talk about the cheapest dealers and what is work?
The driver on the one bus earns more money than the driver on the other bus
The driver on the other bus is happier at work than the other driver earning more money
The driver of the one bus used to work for the company who owns the other bus
The driver who got sacked from the one bus company now can do the same thing at the other company but not get sacked
226 (work that one out (anyone with correct answer GOLD STAR!))
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

NXWM Spectra

One has passengers on board and one does not.
(Based on what can be seem from the photo only)

OH25

Quote from: 4006 on May 05, 2014, 02:14:10 AM
One Is Blue, One is red
One goes to a nice area you'd like to live, the other goes to an area you'd be reluctant to cash in a winning lottery ticket
On the one bus people have in date passes, the other carries out of date family Daysavers
On the one bus most people sit downstairs & talk about the weather, on the other they sit upstairs listen to gangster rap and talk about the cheapest dealers and what is work?
The driver on the other bus is happier at work than the other driver earning more money
The driver who got sacked from the one bus company now can do the same thing at the other company but not get sacked

the difference between the fleet numbers ... WHERE IS MY GOLD STAR!?   :P

Quote from: OH25 on May 05, 2014, 09:06:28 AM
One Is Blue, One is red

the difference between the fleet numbers ... WHERE IS MY GOLD STAR!?   :P

* Well done you! here's as near as I can get to a gold star...

Sorry I,m not that good at computer stuff  :(
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Liverpool Street

One Is Blue, One is red

Spoke like a true bus driver there sir!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

And the next spot the difference is

http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/30905.html

After seeing '30904' myself today the bosy is definately not the original, still could be legal if someone has done a body transplant. Might sound unlikely, but Fletchers at Burton on Trent did it with a knackared Mercedes Minibus ex Carlisle flood victim a few years back!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on May 10, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
And the next spot the difference is

http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/30905.html

After seeing '30904' myself today the bosy is definately not the original, still could be legal if someone has done a body transplant. Might sound unlikely, but Fletchers at Burton on Trent did it with a knackared Mercedes Minibus ex Carlisle flood victim a few years back!

Ugh, what happened to that front end on 30904? Surely that wasn't standard?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk