News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: JPC on June 18, 2021, 10:23:16 PM
NXC tweeted at 9:52am:
[tweet]1405810623485775877[/tweet]
Stagecoach tweeted at 10:10am:
[tweet]1405815101756743680[/tweet]
Coincidence or just plain unprofessionalism?

Or maybe just avoiding mixed messages by reiterating the same message

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JPC

Naturally I didn't want to post a link on the sad incident, but to clarify to those who may have missed the above tweet(s), the core of the Stagecoach tweet is an exact copy and paste of the earlier NXC tweet.
The NXC tweet is now deleted as the incident has now passed - as they usually do with similar tweets for the purposes of avoiding confusion.

Sandy Lane

Where SC compete on same routes as NXC will there be a similar reduction in fares from Monday?

sandboy20

Has the covid bus grant finished ? If so I guess Stagecoach can manipulate its fares to make
them more competitive with NX Coventry if its sufficiently motivated by potential loss of
income.

Sandy Lane

THE FIRST full-electric, zero-emission bus has taken to the roads of Warwickshire.

National Grid, the UK's largest distributor of gas and electricity, has contracted Stagecoach to run the electric bus on a dedicated service for its staff.

It will run between Leamington town centre, the railway station, and the National Grid site at Warwick Technology Park.

Stagecoach has been contracted to operate the contract for five years

https://www.rugbyobserver.co.uk/news/full-electric-zero-emission-bus-hits-warwickshires-roads-30975/

BN

Quote from: Sandy Lane on July 25, 2021, 07:18:07 PM
THE FIRST full-electric, zero-emission bus has taken to the roads of Warwickshire.

National Grid, the UK's largest distributor of gas and electricity, has contracted Stagecoach to run the electric bus on a dedicated service for its staff.

It will run between Leamington town centre, the railway station, and the National Grid site at Warwick Technology Park.

Stagecoach has been contracted to operate the contract for five years

https://www.rugbyobserver.co.uk/news/full-electric-zero-emission-bus-hits-warwickshires-roads-30975/
Wasn't that a Rotala contract?

winston

JoNi

10033 double decker in new livery out today on X18.

ellspurs

@2206  https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tickets for Stagecoach pricing.

X18 journey from Coventry to Stratford tomorrow morning leaving around 10am is shown as £6.50 single, £8.10 return buying on the bus. Stagecoach Midlands dayticket (Gold Rider) is £9.60. All these are adult paper ticket prices with no concessions on them.

Quote from: ellspurs on September 12, 2021, 03:59:57 PM
@2206  https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tickets for Stagecoach pricing.

X18 journey from Coventry to Stratford tomorrow morning leaving around 10am is shown as £6.50 single, £8.10 return buying on the bus. Stagecoach Midlands dayticket (Gold Rider) is £9.60. All these are adult paper ticket prices with no concessions on them.
Thanks. I put in Stratford to Bidford on Avon and got the same price 8.10 return so that must be the standard fare for Warwickshire I guess.

It also seems transport in that area doesn't seem so well intergrated as the West Midlands, so if someone wants to say travel on a Johnsons and Stagecoach service in that county, they have to get 2 separate tickets, in the West Mids there is NBus.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: 2206 on September 12, 2021, 04:05:25 PM
Thanks. I put in Stratford to Bidford on Avon and got the same price 8.10 return so that must be the standard fare for Warwickshire I guess.

It also seems transport in that area doesn't seem so well intergrated as the West Midlands, so if someone wants to say travel on a Johnsons and Stagecoach service in that county, they have to get 2 separate tickets, in the West Mids there is NBus.

Yes - unfortunately there isn't a Warwickshire-wide ticket like there is in the West Mids or Worcestershire.

Johnsons actually do a day ticket (£11.00) - not currently advertised on their website - although when I tried to but one on the X20 in Shirley recently, the driver was unable to get one on the ticket machine until we reached the Warwickshire boundary!

Beano2211

The U12 has been cancelled until further notice, a notice on the stop in Pool Meadow. Seems odd although it never seemed to carry many

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Beano2211 on January 29, 2022, 09:16:49 AM
The U12 has been cancelled until further notice, a notice on the stop in Pool Meadow. Seems odd although it never seemed to carry many

Yes, it was suspended as from 22 January in order to improve reliability on other services operated by Leamington garage, due to driver shortages.  If you go on Stagecoach Midlands' Twitter account you will see cancellations almost every day across the company.

sandboy20

Apparantly the Stagecoach Coventry daysaver ( Adult £4) is now valid as far as Nuneaton - no doubt
prompted by loss of market share to National Express Coventry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk