News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 22, 2020, 08:28:25 AM
These have been available in the Coventry travelshop since the service started and are still available.

I mean when the timetables run out. Also I have noticed that the wall of timetables outside the travelshop isn't always upto date.  I know this timetable is available but when they run out it seems to take a long time for them to be sent. So that's why I'm posting here.

Adam 404

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 22, 2020, 09:22:20 AM
I mean when the timetables run out. Also I have noticed that the wall of timetables outside the travelshop isn't always upto date.  I know this timetable is available but when they run out it seems to take a long time for them to be sent. So that's why I'm posting here.
The wall outside the travelshop is not managed by the travelshop. It is managed by TfWM. In both cases, there are no shortages of timetables so no more boxes of timetables are required and would be ordered by staff responsible when shortages arise.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 22, 2020, 09:27:03 AM
The wall outside the travelshop is not managed by the travelshop. It is managed by TfWM. In both cases, there are no shortages of timetables so no more boxes of timetables are required and would be ordered by staff responsible when shortages arise.

I understand that, but take for example the Coventry circular service 60 and 61 timetable. The one on the wall in the travelshop is up to date, but the one on the wall outside is an older edition.

The one on the wall in the travelshop has no journey for the 43W as this service was withdrawn, however the one on the wall outside still includes the 43W. So obviously the timetables on the wall ontside aren't always up to date. Likewise the ones in the travleshop aren't also either, however since you have taken over it seems to have got a bit better.

With regards to the 74/78 timetable can't you contact arriva or ask one of their drivers for stocks?

JoNi

All car parks in Coventry War Memorial park have been closed and large skips placed to prevent their usage. The main gates to Park and Ride site have been closed and are manned so they can be opened to allow the x17 to use the bus stop in the turning circle.

JoNi

Stagecoach Warwickshire services are being increased from June 1st. Just seen my first 48C in Coventry.
48C Coventry to Nuneaton
48L Leicester to Nuneaton
48A Atherstone to  Nuneaton
U12 is back too!

ellspurs

Quote from: JoNi on May 30, 2020, 09:29:35 AM
Stagecoach Warwickshire services are being increased from June 1st. Just seen my first 48C in Coventry.
48C Coventry to Nuneaton
48L Leicester to Nuneaton
48A Atherstone to  Nuneaton
U12 is back too!

Are they actually using the letters in the route number, or just leaving it as "48"? Also, does this spell an end to the 748 that they've been running between Atherstone and Nuneaton in place of the 48's part of that route?

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/midlands/government-coronavirus-measures--changes-to-bus-services-warks

Ok I've just looked at their website and seen they've just changed 748 to 48A. 'Tis a bit weird that you've already seen a 48C when the changes aren't supposed to happen until Monday, but then again clicking through to the timetables say that they commence Saturday 30 May. Stagecoach are being weird.

It also says the 41 has been restored, but that's been running throughout. I usually pass one on my way home from work.

JoNi

On further investigation despite the web page saying changes occur on 1st June the timetables in the link start on 30/5/2020 (today!), mind you the timetables for the Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday services all start on 30/5/2020. Typed Departure lists displayed in places such as Nuneaton bus station will presumably be replaced.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: ellspurs on May 30, 2020, 09:58:33 AM

Ok I've just looked at their website and seen they've just changed 748 to 48A. 'Tis a bit weird that you've already seen a 48C when the changes aren't supposed to happen until Monday, but then again clicking through to the timetables say that they commence Saturday 30 May. Stagecoach are being weird.

It also says the 41 has been restored, but that's been running throughout. I usually pass one on my way home from work.

It looks like the 748 is back to Sundays only.

My guess (and it is a guess) is that destination blinds have already been changed for next Monday.

I've noticed the 41 notice.  The same appears about the Sunday 785/786.  Again just a guess - maybe a couple of things that slipped through the net at what, to be fair, must have been a very busy week for the schedules and publicity team.

ellspurs

Quote from: Justin Tyme on May 30, 2020, 05:24:18 PM
It looks like the 748 is back to Sundays only.

My guess (and it is a guess) is that destination blinds have already been changed for next Monday.

I've noticed the 41 notice.  The same appears about the Sunday 785/786.  Again just a guess - maybe a couple of things that slipped through the net at what, to be fair, must have been a very busy week for the schedules and publicity team.

So they've just left whatever the latest update to that particular route in the notes section. Makes sense, and an easy thing to mix when like you've said there was a lot of stuff to be doing.

I've mentioned the 41 as it is the only route that uses Ansley Common (B4114), and I've been giving way to it to let it pass the parked cars. More timing than anything. And I've not been seeing the 0348 767 in Hartshill in the morning, but that's me not getting there in time to follow it through the village.

JPC

Stagecoach Warks bus service changes in recent years have commenced on Saturdays - which is non-standard in the West Midlands but I will assume it is their nationwide procedure.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: JPC on May 31, 2020, 12:11:46 AM
Stagecoach Warks bus service changes in recent years have commenced on Saturdays - which is non-standard in the West Midlands but I will assume it is their nationwide procedure.

It isn't non-standard in Warwickshire!

Sunday is the normal day for bus service changes in the West Midlands because West Midlands PTE standardised on it - which was probably because Birmingham City Transport had standardised on it (Walsall and West Bromwich Corporations normally made changes on Mondays).

Saturday was Midland Red's normal bus service changes day, and this has lasted down the years with Stagecoach Midlands, at least in Warwickshire - and I think also First Midlands and Arriva Midlands.

D10

Does anybody know which garage is operating the ex DeCourcey routes 60 and 703?

markcf83

Quote from: D10 on September 17, 2020, 04:17:13 PM
Does anybody know which garage is operating the ex DeCourcey routes 60 and 703?

One of Nuneaton or Rugby. They could be running one each.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

JPC

Quote from: markcf83 on September 17, 2020, 07:25:29 PM
One of Nuneaton or Rugby. They could be running one each.

Nuneaton operates the 60 and 703
Rugby operates the S61 and S62 (Westwood Academy and Cardinal Newman)

D10

Quote from: JPC on September 17, 2020, 08:38:00 PM
Nuneaton operates the 60 and 703
Rugby operates the S61 and S62 (Westwood Academy and Cardinal Newman)

Thanks for the info  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk