News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Quote from: Solo1 on April 29, 2016, 08:17:47 AM
What is the website address for sightseeing stratford on avon as I can't find it any more with the timetable on like the leaflet has
@Solo1   http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tours/united-kingdom/stratford-upon-avon.htm

bensweeney14

For some reason, 39690 has lost its side destination blind
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

Dylanbusboy45

Preserved Bristol FLF 19953 and Nuneaton Trainer 20215 attended Fenland Bus Fest yesterday

Ally

Recently transferred 39696 has been out since at least Monday (probably before though but I hadn't spotted it until then) and 39697 is also present but I believe is off the road being "Ex-Northamptonified" (basically tending to whatever state it's in) and will then also hit the road. There is supposed to be more on the way, probably the lot and are supposed to be replacing the Transbus Darts according to an engineer. They should also finish off 36207/8 at Nuneaton (hallelujah!). Unfortunately they're always very cryptic with plans, blood out of a stone and all!

And while nothing is yet confirmed, they are also looking into the possibility of getting shot of the Solos, as they're struggling more and more with passenger loads in the peak times. Enviro 200s can easily make it round all the routes, granted people don't park silly - Castle Road on the 3 being a prime example, where I've been stuck in a Solo in the past... *Could* be a contender for next year's vehicle orders *if* they decide to go ahead with it.

And one last bit, although this is just talk at the moment and nothing confirmed, but there is a possibility of a Twycross Zoo route being introduced. I would imagine it'd be a seasonal service but I can see it being very busy in the summer times, again, *if* that does happen.

If I hear any more, I'll post in  :)
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

bensweeney14

39696 on the 55 today - Noted the security screen in it - Fixed with no holes, no doubt that will change soon most likely
Regards, Ben.

Ally

Quote from: bensweeney14 on May 26, 2016, 07:37:49 PM
39696 on the 55 today - Noted the security screen in it - Fixed with no holes, no doubt that will change soon most likely

Ah yes, that's reminded me that I missed a bit off my post! The engineers have said that when one of 39680-92 is next in for a service, they'll get all the measurements done for the cab doors so they can sort out the ex-Northampton ones with holed retractable assault screens.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Michael Bevan

Just seen 16174 at the University of Warwick on the U1. Any idea what depot this is at? As it's listed as"Reserve" on Tony's fleetlist.

Dylanbusboy45

It was at Stratford depot but may have moved to Leamington if on the U1 unless another Stratford route interworks with the U1? It was broken so must have been repaired now.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Michael Bevan on May 31, 2016, 10:50:35 AM
Just seen 16174 at the University of Warwick on the U1. Any idea what depot this is at? As it's listed as"Reserve" on Tony's fleetlist.

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on May 31, 2016, 10:53:30 AM
It was at Stratford depot but may have moved to Leamington if on the U1 unless another Stratford route interworks with the U1? It was broken so must have been repaired now.

Stagecoaches definition of reserve means it could operate out of any depot when required.

How could the U1 interwork with another route? Alot of dead mileage there.

JoNi

There are a couple of Olympians on consecutive X16s. I presume the branding is going to be removed/replaced on X15 and 28 branded buses before the changes occur.

bensweeney14

16174 has had its MOT and has been repaired, and is now temporarily operating out of Leamington depot for the time being.
Regards, Ben.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on May 31, 2016, 10:53:30 AM

For the record, Stratford depot does not operate on the U1, but Rugby depot has had a duty for a few years now which includes a U1 trip.

The 6th June changes include the extension of a U1 and a U12 to start from Stratford.  I'll be interested to know if either of these are operated by Stratford depot.

JoNi

Timetables for revised Stagecoach services are available in Travel Centre at Pool Meadow Bus Station. I was advised by a passer by they are hidden behind the counter and you had to ask for one.
It demonstrates how pathetic NX are fulfilling their role of providing information since the separate Centro office closed.
Contrast this with Nottingham and other cities where information is displayed in advance on separate racks.
Marketing as far as NX is concerned is sticking a few labels on buses not communicating.
It always a pleasure to visit those cities and see their cultures and contrast them with the 3rd world cultures that exist in the West Midlands

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on June 02, 2016, 05:24:40 PM
Timetables for revised Stagecoach services are available in Travel Centre at Pool Meadow Bus Station. I was advised by a passer by they are hidden behind the counter and you had to ask for one.
It demonstrates how pathetic NX are fulfilling their role of providing information since the separate Centro office closed.
Contrast this with Nottingham and other cities where information is displayed in advance on separate racks.
Marketing as far as NX is concerned is sticking a few labels on buses not communicating.
It always a pleasure to visit those cities and see their cultures and contrast them with the 3rd world cultures that exist in the West Midlands

The reason is far more positive than that. Initial deliveries are sometimes quite small numbers (250-300), which if put on display will be removed by 'members of this forum' types who will quite happily come in and take 10-20 at a time, you soon run out then.

By having them behind the counter generally on actual or prospective passengers ask for them, and the enthusiasts only get 1 and you can actually help the people they are intended for.,

It happened regularly when I was manager of the Pavillions Travelshop, people would come in and take every leaflet in the rack in one swift move!

JoNi

A timetable leaflet not only to tells intending passengers the new time but sells the service and markets the change.
There is no at bus stop advice of forthcoming changes either which is clearly a failing on the part of Centro policy.
Contrast with recent changes to Trent's Nines between Derby and Mansfield where every bus had new leaflets in advance and all stops had a laminated poster, photo taken 10th May for change on 26th.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/9RvhR8

They can do why can't it happen in the West Midlands.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk