News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

History of service 97

Started by Busmapper, March 29, 2014, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Dont forget the good old 96 bus route as well, I can't contribute much if anything to the history aspect although 1 thing I remember was the 96/97 of my childhood.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stevo

Wasn't there an express route that went out along the Aston Expressway and later the Collector Road into Chelmsley Wood? I think a Leyland National caught fire on it in early WMPTE days.

winston

Quote from: Stevo on October 08, 2015, 11:09:24 PM
Wasn't there an express route that went out along the Aston Expressway and later the Collector Road into Chelmsley Wood? I think a Leyland National caught fire on it in early WMPTE days.

Would that have been the 962?

Stevo

I had an idea it was the 162 when Midland Red started it, so it could well have become 962 later.

midlandred2003

Yes it was the 162 I was on the first one from Lanchester way in to Birmingham it was a DP leopard from memory no one else on it going down the collector road the driver asked me if I new the route because he did not?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stevo on October 09, 2015, 01:20:31 PM
I had an idea it was the 162 when Midland Red started it, so it could well have become 962 later.
Then became the 993/994 with Branded DP Lynxes from LH before being withdrawn in the 00's sometime I think

Busmapper

Quote from: Busmapper on March 30, 2014, 09:18:15 PM
The Wiki police have had their say, 'Wikipedia isn't the place to deposit personal research material. Maybe there are bus or transport websites which will be interested?'.
Looks like I misinterpreted the use of Wikipedia for hosting this.

If anyone has any suggestions for an alternative (open) host location for this material let us know.

The alternative host I ended up using was the UK Transport Wiki - http://uktransport.wikia.com/wiki/West_Midlands_bus_route_97

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk