News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VOSA changes April 27th

Started by Stu, March 17, 2014, 08:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

PD0001374/317 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham City Centre and Halesowen Bus Station given service number 99 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/161 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and Acocks Green given service number 30 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
    PD1028090/170 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham, Star City given service number 66A effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.
    PD1028090/180 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Small Heath and Ward End given service number 98 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/187 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham City Centre and Kings Heath given service number 650 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/188 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham City Centre and Perry Beeches given service number 424 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/189 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham, Priory Queensway and Clock Garage given service number 72 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.

I'm guessing the cancellation of the 99, 424 and 650 is due to loss of emergency tender contracts from Centro.
I'm curious to know what 'route and timetable' changes will occur on the 30 service, no doubt this coincides with other South Birmingham and Solihull changes from the same date.
And I wonder if they've lost the contract for the 98, and if so, who will take it over? (Probably WMSNT!)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on March 17, 2014, 08:16:01 PM
    PD0001374/317 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham City Centre and Halesowen Bus Station given service number 99 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/161 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Solihull and Acocks Green given service number 30 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
    PD1028090/170 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham, Star City given service number 66A effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.
    PD1028090/180 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Small Heath and Ward End given service number 98 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/187 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham City Centre and Kings Heath given service number 650 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/188 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham City Centre and Perry Beeches given service number 424 effective from 27-Apr-2014.
    PD1028090/189 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
        Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham, Priory Queensway and Clock Garage given service number 72 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.

I'm guessing the cancellation of the 99, 424 and 650 is due to loss of emergency tender contracts from Centro.
I'm curious to know what 'route and timetable' changes will occur on the 30 service, no doubt this coincides with other South Birmingham and Solihull changes from the same date.
And I wonder if they've lost the contract for the 98, and if so, who will take it over? (Probably WMSNT!)

I'm pretty sure 'Nifty50' has confirmed that WMSNT had won the 98 Centro tendered route

Matt.N0056

The only thing I think they will do with the 30 is re-route it at the Solihull end, maybe through the station first or something (as the usual short cut) as it can, at certain time,s be tight for time

PM

Pity a fair few contracts have been lost. Do we think this is the extent of Centro April tender results for diamond or are there more to come, does anyone know?

bwsau cymru

I have herd rumours that diamond are going to be running a 4h on a sunday?? only rumour though
I really don't like WMSNT how are private profit making companies meant to compete against a charity, and they to see a charity have high spec budget is wrong I think I know they were included in the tender but still wrong! I could rant all day about community operators!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on March 17, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

The only thing I think they will do with the 30 is re-route it at the Solihull end, maybe through the station first or something (as the usual short cut) as it can, at certain time,s be tight for time

I was starting to wonder if the changes might be at the Acocks Green end of the 30; could they improve reliability by running it along Olton Boulevard East and Shirley Road to avoid congestion on the Warwick Road during peaks?
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on March 18, 2014, 06:14:22 PM

I was starting to wonder if the changes might be at the Acocks Green end of the 30; could they improve reliability by running it along Olton Boulevard East and Shirley Road to avoid congestion on the Warwick Road during peaks?

I always think when I'm going up there why it doesn't go that way! but then it isn't really serving the 'Village'/shops. Unless it returns via Warwick Rd?

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on March 18, 2014, 06:17:32 PM

I always think when I'm going up there why it doesn't go that way! but then it isn't really serving the 'Village'/shops. Unless it returns via Warwick Rd?

I guess we'll have to see what changes are made to the 1 and 31/A.
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on March 18, 2014, 06:25:26 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about those!

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on March 18, 2014, 07:09:53 PM

I'm just speculating here, but the 'route change' for the 30 could just be a change of stop in Acocks Green Village.

I'm guessing if the 1 is being extended to cover the withdrawn part of the 3, it makes sense that it will be rerouted back to Westley Road, which would mean for journeys to Shirley it would use the current 3/31/36/40 stop, and for journeys to Birmingham it would use the current 30/31/36/96/99 stop. To ease crowding at that stop, the 30 could terminate and layover at the current 1 stop instead.

Alternatively, the 31 could be redirected to use Warwick Road and Dolphin Lane instead of Shirley Road and Olton Boulevard East, journeys towards Birmingham could call at the 37 stop in the Village for the benefit of passengers travelling towards city. This could then see the 30 serve Olton Boulevard East and Shirley Road before terminating in Acocks Green village at the 1 stop.

Just my thoughts, as the Acocks Green bus interchange can get clogged up during the day with so many services using it.
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on March 18, 2014, 08:09:29 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on March 18, 2014, 07:09:53 PM

I'm just speculating here, but the 'route change' for the 30 could just be a change of stop in Acocks Green Village.

I'm guessing if the 1 is being extended to cover the withdrawn part of the 3, it makes sense that it will be rerouted back to Westley Road, which would mean for journeys to Shirley it would use the current 3/31/36/40 stop, and for journeys to Birmingham it would use the current 30/31/36/96/99 stop. To ease crowding at that stop, the 30 could terminate and layover at the current 1 stop instead.

Alternatively, the 31 could be redirected to use Warwick Road and Dolphin Lane instead of Shirley Road and Olton Boulevard East, journeys towards Birmingham could call at the 37 stop in the Village for the benefit of passengers travelling towards city. This could then see the 30 serve Olton Boulevard East and Shirley Road before terminating in Acocks Green village at the 1 stop.

Just my thoughts, as the Acocks Green bus interchange can get clogged up during the day with so many services using it.

Sounds good, but as you say we'll just have to wait and see or wait for the details to be released.

HTA844N

Changes from 19th May.

4/4M/4H timetable changes.

Anyone know more info?

bwsau cymru

Quote from: baker_06 on March 31, 2014, 10:41:34 PM
Changes from 19th May.

Anyone know more info?

Im guessing it is going to be a timetable change, but the service needs looking at running old darts on it are not a good thing!

As I have said previously I have herd rumours that they are going to introduce a sunday service on

Double posts merged, please use 'modify' tool in future, Winston

PM

Quote from: bwsau cymru on April 02, 2014, 08:29:57 PM
Quote from: baker_06 on March 31, 2014, 10:41:34 PM
Changes from 19th May.

Anyone know more info?

Im guessing it is going to be a timetable change, but the service needs looking at running old darts on it are not a good thing!

1) A Sunday service on the 4H is highly unlikely to happen as loadings can be patchy at the best of times.

2) How on earth is the type of bus going to affect loadings? Yes, if it is an MPD driving round rammed then clearly no one else will board. Your average passenger gets on the first bus that comes, they don't stand there thinking they would rather get an eclipse than an ex Metrobus dart. Diamond's fares are cheaper and now being advertised and drivers need to continue to try to hold back or overtake where possible.

bwsau cymru

the routes which actually earn money should get good buses. I always say the 4 is a funny service you can have a bus of 1 or a standing load, however if diamond are going to continue to win people to there service they need to compete on quality too, buses like 30486 are awful and ive been on it with passengers making remarks about its quality too.

4/4h

these all need the newest longest vehicles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk