News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Green Bus 22 Route

Started by James4368, March 14, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

im planning to ride on the green bus ,s latest new 22 route does it stop at broad street opposite ICC and symphony hall?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

the trainbasher

It runs parallel with the NXWM 22 between town hall and bartley Green and stops at the same stops

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

James4368

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 14, 2014, 06:20:01 PM
It runs parallel with the NXWM 22 between town hall and bartley Green and stops at the same stops
ok thank you
Local Bus Routes

Sh4318

What is the passenger usage like? Last time I saw it, there was 1 passenger board, keeping in mind this was last week
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Niall

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 14, 2014, 09:56:31 PM
What is the passenger usage like? Last time I saw it, there was 1 passenger board, keeping in mind this was last week

I rode the whole route between Birmingham and Merry Hill yesterday lunchtime, I don't think there were more than 6 passengers on the bus at any one time (I was the only one to pay, the rest were smart card passes), with only me and one other passenger between Halesowen and Merry Hill. There was another Green Bus bus a couple of minutes in front of us between Halesowen and Merry Hill which looked reasonably full. I think for the 22 section of the route most people let it go past and waited for NX, but for the 002 part there weren't any people waiting at the stops anyway.

While I was waiting for the 9 into town today there were some boys waiting for the 002 home from school who let the 22 go past because they said didn't know where it stopped, despite them studying the timetable on the bus stop.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

James4368

Howcome trident 116 has NXWM seats inside?
Local Bus Routes

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 15, 2014, 01:55:18 PM
Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on March 15, 2014, 01:53:02 PM

Ex Travel London?

Spot on LS, It may have also been one of the ones refurbished at NXWM Walsall in the early days of NX onwnership

Trident 4609

Ex Travel London?

Yes and then latterly Abellio. Don't GB have some sort of agreement with Abellio or something along those lines? (School Contracts in Surrey?)

IIRC 117,118,1119,120 and all the V-KGW's are ex Abellio (Formerly Travel London and before that Connex).

I believe Abellio use the same black dot Moquette as National Express on refurbs and new Deliveries

winston

Quote from: Nathan on March 15, 2014, 03:30:54 PM

Ex Travel London?

Yes and then latterly Abellio. Don't GB have some sort of agreement with Abellio or something along those lines? (School Contracts in Surrey?)

Yes, Abellio operate Surrey School bus services on behalf of Greenbus under the Greenbus brand

Trident 4609

Didn't Green Bus have some darts off them also? (A few were put into Public service for a short time I think). I also remember seeing some red V-KGW tridents and a Travel London/Surrey branded East Lancs Spryte bodied Dennis Dart parked in the Green Bus yard when I visited there last year

winston

Quote from: Nathan on March 15, 2014, 03:42:53 PM
Didn't Green Bus have some darts off them also? (A few were put into Public service for a short time). I also remember seeing some red V-KGW tridents and a Travel London/Surrey branded East Lancs Spryte bodied Dennis Dart parked in the Green Bus yard when I visited there last year

Yes Greenbus also acquired a number of Tridents / Darts & Solo's that had been out of service for some time in a dealer capacity, but some have since entered the fleet for service. They have acquired further 51 reg Tridents ex Abellio

PM

Quote from: Winston on March 15, 2014, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: Nathan on March 15, 2014, 03:42:53 PM
Didn't Green Bus have some darts off them also? (A few were put into Public service for a short time). I also remember seeing some red V-KGW tridents and a Travel London/Surrey branded East Lancs Spryte bodied Dennis Dart parked in the Green Bus yard when I visited there last year

Yes Greenbus also acquired a number of Tridents / Darts & Solo's that had been out of service for some time in a dealer capacity, but some have since entered the fleet for service. They have acquired further 51 reg Tridents ex Abellio

Red tridents, solos, an east lancs dart, a short alx200 dart and there was one Saturday when all of the above were on the 50-September/October 2012 from memory. Needless to say, I stuck to diamond MAN/centro's. :)

Trident 4609

I had 123 on the 22 last week and it isn't exactly the best sounding trident in the world is it? Also Centro need to try and get the bus stop timetables sorted as it states the 22 runs hourly between 10 and 2/3 at 54 past the hour from MH) but it actually runs half hourly at 24 past the hour from MH also. Very confusing for passengers!

winston

Quote from: Nathan on March 15, 2014, 03:30:54 PM

Ex Travel London?

IIRC 117,118,1119,120 and all the V-KGW's are ex Abellio (Formerly Travel London and before that Connex).

I believe Abellio use the same black dot Moquette as National Express on refurbs and new Deliveries

Not any more, Abellio did continue use the NX interior spec for some time after the sale to NED Railways, but have since introduced their own interior style on refurbs & new deliveries

http://circleoflondon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/abellio-hayes-garage-ws.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk