News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Lea Hall Bus Auction 8 Aug 2010

Started by horsencart, March 11, 2014, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

On the 8 Aug 2010  there was an auction of buses for NXWM  here is a list of those buses 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/13086468394/   the list is four pages enjoy

winston

Ahhh, The LH auction that resulted in very little actually being sold.....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 11, 2014, 05:49:20 PM
Ahhh, The LH auction that resulted in very little actually being sold.....

Do i remember it was because a lot of the buses were either not low floor, or they were not step free?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liberator9

There were a lot of Crusaders actually including my favs 501 and 528.

horsencart

I do remember  that towards the end of the auction, the auction ran out of steam and the Metrobuses went  for low prices and that a  number of the buses were not sold 

winston

Quote from: horsencart on March 11, 2014, 09:45:39 PM
I do remember  that towards the end of the auction, the auction ran out of steam and the Metrobuses went  for low prices and that a  number of the buses were not sold

Only the Metrobuses & Solo's were sold, I can't remember if any B6LE's were sold & the sales fell through, no B10B's were sold either. The auction was a big flop.

horsencart

I must try to find the footage that I shot on the day

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 11, 2014, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: horsencart on March 11, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

Only the Metrobuses & Solo's were sold, I can't remember if any B6LE's were sold & the sales fell through, no B10B's were sold either. The auction was a big flop.

Two B10Bs were sold, both to Ensign

winston

Quote from: horsencart on March 11, 2014, 09:55:30 PM

There was this site with photo's showing the various lots for sale:

http://www.robertcjones.co.uk/Lea%20Hall%20Bus%20Garage.html

nitromatt1

Was the auction open to any Tom Dick or Harry who wanted to buy a bus for preservation etc.?

(I'm surprised the magic of SMF didn't censor the "Dick" there!)

winston

Quote from: Matt on March 11, 2014, 10:34:50 PM
Was the auction open to any Tom Dick or Harry who wanted to buy a bus for preservation etc.?

Yes I think the general public were allowed to view/bid

Niall

Quote from: Winston on March 11, 2014, 10:18:50 PM

Why is the 61 plate Enviro at Lea Hall? Were they stored there before entering service? (just guessing as looks like its on delivery and its got trade plates in the front window)  ???
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

winston

Quote from: N94 on March 12, 2014, 12:35:00 AM
Quote from: Winston on March 11, 2014, 10:18:50 PM

Why is the 61 plate Enviro at Lea Hall? Were they stored there before entering service? (just guessing as looks like its on delivery and its got trade plates in the front window)  ???

Yes, I seem to recall that the E400's were stored in dry at LH prior to them entering service/taking up Olympic duties

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk