News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

MH370 Malaysian Airlines

Started by Liberator9, March 08, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

As this is a transport related forum I thought this certainly deserved some mention. Sadly MH370 is still missing and whilst I still hope for good news, it seems that it may have crashed into the ocean. If the latter is asserted by the authorities then I send my deepest condolences to those who have perished and those who remain behind to suffer the tragedy. 227 passengers and 12 members of crew were onboard the Boeing 777-200. There are rumours of an oil slick being found and that the aircraft lost height rapidly within a very short distance (according to Chinese radar). There is still no definite news though so I only hope that there is a miracle and it is found. If anyone else wants to send their hopes or ideas of what may have happened then please post.

AndrewLee

Nice post! Bit early to speculate but very intriguing given the false passports scenario. Hopefully they find the aircraft quickly and are able to recover the CVR and FDR.

Liberator9

Thanks! Hopefully they will find the plane; they're now trying the Malaysian West Coast to see if the aircraft has gone down there.

Ben

There is growing evidence that the pilot is responsible for deliberately turning off the transponders. Of course they were still be detected by primary radar  for a limited time, which just bounces a signal of aircraft, but without transmitting any other information than presence.

Why and where is still unknown so I will not speculate. I'm inclined to believe the plane landed safely, given the planning and thought that went into this operation. Although I stress that this hasn't been confirmed and is just my hypothesis.

I'm hoping that the passengers (and innocent members of the flight crew) are alive and uninjured.

Stu

Rather weirdly, the week before this plane 'vanished' I'd watched an old Doctor Who serial 'Time-Flight' from 1981, the plot of which revolved around a British Airways Concorde which vanished from the sky while approaching Heathrow...
http://youtu.be/7HnAkNAzQIo?t=1m19s

It might seem a little far-fetched to believe that MH370 was teleported back into the past, but who knows? If this is what actually happened, or the plane was somehow teleported somewhere else, I very much doubt that the people or organisation involved will put their hands up and come clean!

On a serious note, there have been a lot of theories put forward, but none of them seem to answer the big question of "why?".

My own mother suggested the possibility that the plane has been 'stolen' in order to use it in some terrorist atrocity, but surely if this was the case, the amount of attention this has gained renders the element of surprise useless. If the plane was taken over and landed somewhere, somebody surely somewhere must have seen something. And if the plane was destroyed in mid-air, there must surely be some wreckage in the sea under it's last known flight-path.

In the age of information, it is easy to be deceived by 'mis-information'. The media will happily report on what what they want us to believe. Did this plane ever actually take off in the first place? The mind boggles, the plane will probably never be found, and relatives of those onboard will probably never come to terms with their loss, or ever understand 'why' this happened.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

One thing I can never understand is why can transponders be turned off on civil aircraft? Surely they need to be on all the time?
There was another case a few years back where no one really knows for sure if it was Pilot suicide or not. Although I think 'officially' it was decided it was mechanical error. But again in that case the pilot turned off the transponder.

windy miller

I think its more likely that a (partial) screen failure caused the cabin to de pressurise and create a fog. If at this point the pilot was able To turn the plane, (or attempt to) around 180° and Head back,. If he was only partialy successfull,  Followed by a TOTAL and catastrophic loss of pressure, and both pilots being drawn out of the cockpit, then the plane could well have flown for several hours on autopilot in almost any direction. I think the terrorist theory is nonsense. I hope they can recover the aircraft black box, but even so, the box only transmits a signal for around 30 hrs I believe.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Kiewii

Quote from: windy miller on March 17, 2014, 08:33:10 PM
I think its more likely that a (partial) screen failure caused the cabin to de pressurise and create a fog. If at this point the pilot was able To turn the plane, (or attempt to) around 180° and Head back,. If he was only partialy successfull,  Followed by a TOTAL and catastrophic loss of pressure, and both pilots being drawn out of the cockpit, then the plane could well have flown for several hours on autopilot in almost any direction. I think the terrorist theory is nonsense. I hope they can recover the aircraft black box, but even so, the box only transmits a signal for around 30 hrs I believe.

The black boxes can send a signal for about 30 days. (too much Air Crash Investigation for me I think!!)

Liverpool Street

And then the cockpit crew disintegrated via the engines so they'll never be found, and the plane is just auto-piloting into the Bermuda Triangle and *Bing*! Shot back 50 years. /Urine Taking.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

windy miller

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 18, 2014, 08:32:08 PM

And then the cockpit crew disintegrated via the engines so they'll never be found, and the plane is just auto-piloting into the Bermuda Triangle and *Bing*! Shot back 50 years. /Urine Taking.
They should check the flight list for a Mr  Bobby Ewing...... ;)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: windy miller on March 19, 2014, 02:07:59 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 18, 2014, 08:32:08 PM

They should check the flight list for a Mr  Bobby Ewing...... ;)

Hahaha, to flippin true mate..
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

karl724223

It's in a scrap yard in Tipton

Trident 4609

Or in a car park in Croydon with a parking ticket attached?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Nathan on March 23, 2014, 08:25:39 PM
Or in a car park in Croydon with a parking ticket attached?

Or a ParkingEye ANPR System!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dylan4579

Jeremy Clarkson has posted something stupid about this plane on twitter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk