News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

What are/were these Yellow things on the Pallet

Started by horsencart, February 25, 2014, 12:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

What are/were  these Yellow things on the Pallet   http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/12768941965/ 
to put the photo into context  it is 2009 and  NXWM  had sold (or were in the process of selling)  the former Tram and Bus Garage and were clearing the garage of stuff a great deal of stuff went into various skips,   but a great deal was taken over the road to the former Permanent Way  Yard,  now my question is what purpose did these Yellow have are the Pallets or what?  many thanks

Liverpool Street

They're the stand for the external antifreeze containers. I can not recall the volume of the containers, but it's an extreme amount.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

horsencart

Liverpool Street

Just on a side note, horsencart - Excellent video of PVS Atlantis of Leicester taking Metros from Miller Street. Can't half hear the poor thing dragging its arse on the floor.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stevo

I don't think its the back of the bus - rather the front suspension or steering, as it has no o/s front wheel. Very sad, though!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stevo on February 26, 2014, 05:31:02 PM
I don't think its the back of the bus - rather the front suspension or steering, as it has no o/s front wheel. Very sad, though!

Sorry Stevo, I used "its arse on the floor" meaning just the underneath, rather then the usual term "Arse End" ;)

I agree though, a horrible sight. Would be happy to see the Tridents getting scrapped, mind.
until it cought fire

horsencart

Having  seen a number of the Metrobuses being towed  from Miller St  (I must count them one these days )  When the towing lorry came through the gate entrance because of the camber of the roadway either the back end or the front end would drag on the floor,  the driver of the towing lorry would sometimes get out and raise the front end so that it would clear the rest of the journey

When they towing lorry first backed up to the bus it was about to tow it would then lift the bus so that it sat on its back end this then would mean that they could take all the tyres  of to be replaced with a set that  they had come back with from Barnsley,

And if a Metrobus was to come out of the store (a bit further up the road its front end would drag on the floor  (I have it on video)  I also have video of a Lynx twattiing   (hitting)  a lamp standard as it was only at a low speed not harm was done, but do think I can find the footage

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk