News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry buses

Started by Ashley, May 11, 2012, 04:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

So far, little has been said about National Express Coventry. I don't live there but have been there a few times.

I was just curious what other peoples thought are on that part of the company.

Ash

I travelled on them today as and got on 3 unrefurbed tridents on the 8/8A being 4203,4217,4402 and internally even tho not been unrefurbed looked alot better than some of unrefurbed tridents NXWM has of a certain age, but saying that NXWM buses have to put with more interms of usage (wear and tear) and more anti-social activity. Have the bus fares always been lower in Coventry compared to the rest of the west midlands even when it was all known as travel west midlands as i never went to Coventry then. The bendi bus citaro's have got to be one of the best types of buses in the fleet there quiet and hardly rattle even when stationary and there 9 years old now, seem well looked after.

PM

Yes, I went there in about 2004 and even then bus fares were cheaper.

Ashley

I'm going back there tomorrow. The fares are a little lower than in the West Midlands, thats probably why the network is well used. The buses are much cleaner. My personal Coventry fave is 4214

Nathan4775

I've been to coventry a few times, i have to say though the buses are alot cleaner than TWM,
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ashley

Do you know what routes are operated by double deckers in cov now?

Ash

Double decker operated services are usually the 6/6A/8/8A/9/9A/10/12/13/21  and i guess there other i forgot but they can occur on most other routes to if mercs or b6le's are unavailable

Ashley

D10

The 16 is another DD operated route.

Just been to Coventry today and travelled in service on 3 vehicles, all were smart inside and out, I'm afraid this would not necessarily be the case elsewhere on NX. But well done to Coventry garage, overall most vehicles looked good.

Ashley

i ALSO WENT TO cOVENTRY TODAY. i GOT A LITTLE DISTRACT BY THE cOVENTRY cITY tRANSPORT cENTENEARY RALLY BUT i DID HAVE A FEW RUNS ON NORMAL SERVICE BUSES. i ONLY SAW ONE mERC ON ROUTE 16, THEY WERE MOSTLY ON THE 2,5,7,9 AND 18

Ash

Yeah i fogot bout the 16 i only really travel on the 8/8A/9/9A to and from the station to the city centre of which i have been on an omnilink on the 8A and a Gemini on the 9 but mostly always keep to tridents/Alx400 on the 8/8A and the mercs on the 9/9A which can get full from the station sometimes but now there more regualr than the 27 its much better

Ashley

Yeah, i agree on that bit about it being better than the 27. I spotted a few B7TL/ALX400s and Tridents on the 13 today and 4213 was on the 21, not sure if theyd be rare

Ash

Since the 13 service's frequency has been increased it always sees a few tridents/alx 400 and same with the 21 along with the citaro bendi buses with enviro 400 also appearing frequently on the 12

Nathan4775

Were are the Mercs & Ciatros used then
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

The citaro's on the 4 and occasionally on the 4 the b6le's on the 3/801 and the mercs used on everything else apart from the double deckers routes mentioned before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk