News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Bus Orders 2014

Started by Wolves256, February 11, 2014, 02:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 12, 2014, 09:44:08 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 12, 2014, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on March 12, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
Need some new single deckers; certainly for WB and WN/PE to get rid of the now looking slightly battered mercs. I would like to see some Scanias (don't know why not try; Scania aren't selling many atm in the uk and a discount could be agreed I'm sure) as they are good buses. The only issue is the pretty useless upper interior side panels which need a better fastener, and maybe in need of higher quality materials like the citaro. Talking of Citaros....would love to see some.

Of course I'm being optimistic and we'll probably see more Wrights (which are v.good however); as long as no Optares are ordered I'm happy!

I agree, I'd love to see NX buy a batch of Citaro's.

I think generally Scania's are a little thirsty on fuel, in the current climate/high fuel prices that is quite an influencing factor. Stagecoach do still buy double & single deck Scania chassis for ADL to body though for longer distance routes

I used to love citaros. Then I looked at the interiors of ones currently being delivered which are pretty awful and impractical compared to a wright eclipse 2 or an adl e300. Learning the lessons of the late 1990s, B10ls have lasted better, aged better and citaros are more expensive than other single deck buses.

I do prefer Wright products over ADL, the jury is still out on the Streetlite at present, but First seem to like them

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Winston on March 12, 2014, 09:45:49 PM
Need some new single deckers; certainly for WB and WN/PE to get rid of the now looking slightly battered mercs. I would like to see some Scanias (don't know why not try; Scania aren't selling many atm in the uk and a discount could be agreed I'm sure) as they are good buses. The only issue is the pretty useless upper interior side panels which need a better fastener, and maybe in need of higher quality materials like the citaro. Talking of Citaros....would love to see some.

Of course I'm being optimistic and we'll probably see more Wrights (which are v.good however); as long as no Optares are ordered I'm happy!

I think generally Scania's are a little thirsty on fuel, in the current climate/high fuel prices that is quite an influencing factor. Stagecoach do still buy double & single deck Scania chassis for ADL to body though for longer distance routes

I used to love citaros. Then I looked at the interiors of ones currently being delivered which are pretty awful and impractical compared to a wright eclipse 2 or an adl e300. Learning the lessons of the late 1990s, B10ls have lasted better, aged better and citaros are more expensive than other single deck buses.

I do prefer Wright products over ADL, the jury is still out on the Streetlite at present, but First seem to like them

Some of the drivers at Silverline dont like the Streetlite WF versions - heavy steering, crap steering lock, sharp braking and high driving postion

PM

Never actually been on one so going to try to get over to Diamond Redditch and see what they are like.

And Matt-do the drivers not prefer a high up driving position? Just interested...

Matt.N0056

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 12, 2014, 10:11:41 PM

Never actually been on one so going to try to get over to Diamond Redditch and see what they are like.

And Matt-do the drivers not prefer a high up driving position? Just interested...

One of the drivers I was speaking to doesnt seem to

PM

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on March 12, 2014, 10:13:38 PM

Fair enough-I guess there's a happy medium. Personally, I would like to see more b7rles, e200s, e400s and possibly some e300s. I just hope no optare's are on order-think that's a safe bet, luckily :)

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 12, 2014, 10:20:31 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on March 12, 2014, 10:13:38 PM

Fair enough-I guess there's a happy medium. Personally, I would like to see more b7rles, e200s, e400s and possibly some e300s. I just hope no optare's are on order-think that's a safe bet, luckily :)

It's already been confirmed that no more B7RLE's are on order, unfortunately!

Trident 4609

I wonder whether NX have stopped sourcing from Volvo/Wright full stop or whether an order will be placed for the new B8RLE?

winston

Quote from: Nathan on March 12, 2014, 10:24:35 PM
I wonder whether NX have stopped sourcing from Volvo/Wright full stop or whether an order will be placed for the new B8RLE?

Are they even still taking orders for B7RLE? A few dealer stock have been delivered of late but that's about it, First Group haven't ordered any for 2014/15

I'm not aware of anyone placing any orders for B8RLE yet either, has even a demo been produced yet?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on March 12, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

Are they even still taking orders for B7RLE? A few dealer stock have been delivered of late but that's about it, First Group haven't ordered any for 2014/15

I'm not aware of anyone placing any orders for B8RLE yet either, has even a demo been produced yet?

As said it seems NX do like to keep their orders secret away from public view unlike other companies like First/Stagecoach who have announced this years orders

I guess it is just a case of us having to wait and see what is ordered. I 'm sure i read somewhere on here that orders have been placed? And that only one manufacturer is lined up? Unless its just me being half asleep.... ;D

winston

Quote from: Nathan on March 12, 2014, 10:37:14 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 12, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

As said it seems NX do like to keep their orders secret away from public view unlike other companies like First/Stagecoach who have announced this years orders

I guess it is just a case of us having to wait and see what is ordered. I 'm sure i read somewhere on here that orders have been placed? And that only one manufacturer is lined up? Unless its just me being half asleep.... ;D

To be fair, I don't personally see what the big secret is about NX not disclosing a breakdown of new vehicle orders, Stagecoach & First use it as a PR exercise to show how much they are investing & what types. NX haven't announced anything since the 2011 orders which was in the trade press, I never saw a stock exchange announcement.

The only thing that is commercially sensitive is what specific routes they are planning to upgrade with a new fleet, but again others are quite happy to announce a new fleet f buses is on order for route such & such.

I'd have though orders or production slots would have been placed/booked for sometime whilst specific types/quantities were decided, I should imagine most manufacturers are operating at capacity whilst Euro 5 buses can still be ordered & built

Liberator9

Quote from: karl724223 on February 13, 2014, 10:00:26 PM
A fleet of 30 hybrid enviro 400s for the 9 and  141 at pensnett to be delivered on April the 1st

If this is true; then maybe the 29 Enviro 400s displaced can be moved to Yardley Wood to replace some of the Tridents. Then  21 to29 Tridents can move to WN to replace the 21 Mercs still operating up there. I live in hope this would be a possibility as prefer the E400s to some of the YW Tridents (e.g 4389 - v.tatty). I can see why the Scanias are a bit fuel thirsty, with what I think are powerful engines fitted to them. The Streetlites seem very loud; was in Poplar Road the other week and one of the Silverline Streetlites was roaring down it. Couldn't believe it was coming from such a small bus! Wouldn't mind if Enviro 300s are ordered, although still need to try out the NX E200s to ensure they actually are good. The Citaros I think actually have a good interior; it doesn't rattle for a start, the interior design is pretty much the same as any other bus as well. The Solihull Signature (why couldn't they all be Mercs; not Solo SRs!) ones are superb and the 60 reg with the high backed seats is very ideal.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 13, 2014, 06:23:48 AM
A fleet of 30 hybrid enviro 400s for the 9 and  141 at pensnett to be delivered on April the 1st

If this is true; then maybe the 29 Enviro 400s displaced can be moved to Yardley Wood to replace some of the Tridents. Then  21 to29 Tridents can move to WN to replace the 21 Mercs still operating up there. I live in hope this would be a possibility as prefer the E400s to some of the YW Tridents (e.g 4389 - v.tatty). I can see why the Scanias are a bit fuel thirsty, with what I think are powerful engines fitted to them. The Streetlites seem very loud; was in Poplar Road the other week and one of the Silverline Streetlites was roaring down it. Couldn't believe it was coming from such a small bus! Wouldn't mind if Enviro 300s are ordered, although still need to try out the NX E200s to ensure they actually are good. The Citaros I think actually have a good interior; it doesn't rattle for a start, the interior design is pretty much the same as any other bus as well. The Solihull Signature (why couldn't they all be Mercs; not Solo SRs!) ones are superb and the 60 reg with the high backed seats is very ideal.

Have a look at the date Karl specified for their delivery! Of course it isn't true! Good one Karl

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on March 13, 2014, 06:23:48 AM

That's right. Make a note of April 1st in your diary.

trident4370

April 1st: The one day of the year when NXWM "conveniently" decide to replace the whole fleet with Optare Solo SR and London Midland order some more 139 for the cross city extension ;) I wonder what madness awaits us at the start of next month...

Liberator9

Oh how did I fall for that... ::)   Good one Karl!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk