News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

BUS FANS

Started by t.w.moore, February 08, 2014, 03:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.w.moore

I do not know if this subject has been discussed before...but I can't get over the so loud engine fans in some of our Tridents and Gemini's at Coventry ... and I have heard them  in the Birmingham Gemini's. They never used to be like that. Whats the full story on the fans. I know the Coventry garage has received complaints..some from my son who lives in Eastern Green, the road outside his house is uphill to the right and downhill to the left and its just where the buses accelerate down hill and uphill. The roar of these fans is so loud, wakes him up every morning at 6am, he complains, and it dont stop to 11pm. He's not had a reply yet.

Stu

I know what you mean, AG had a few noisy Geminis, and it could be a pain, especially if I was sleeping light and one went past my house on the 31A at 4:30am! Also, during the summer, I sleep with my bedroom window open, and sometimes the noise of one on the 11 would wake me up!

Luckily for me, it seems all the noisy Geminis were the ones that got transferred to WB!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on February 08, 2014, 03:42:06 PM
I know what you mean, AG had a few noisy Geminis, and it could be a pain, especially if I was sleeping light and one went past my house on the 31A at 4:30am! Also, during the summer, I sleep with my bedroom window open, and sometimes the noise of one on the 11 would wake me up!

Luckily for me, it seems all the noisy Geminis were the ones that got transferred to WB!  :D

Luckily the 45**s are actually really quiet! I never hear 4512 or 4526's cooling fan. 4520 and 4529 however, are always roaring! PB's 44**'s are constantly roaring - whenever I see them anyway
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Rob H

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 09, 2014, 12:58:41 AM
Quote from: Stu on February 08, 2014, 03:42:06 PM

Luckily the 45**s are actually really quiet! I never hear 4512 or 4526's cooling fan. 4520 and 4529 however, are always roaring! PB's 44**'s are constantly roaring - whenever I see them anyway

While I was in Chelmsley Wood waiting for the 70 on Thursday 7025 had its cooling fan on first time I've heard 7025's on
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk