News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM's Super-X Displays

Started by CL, February 07, 2014, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

I hate that number '9' on the display. It's out of pattern, really.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

I quite like it... But, if this '9' was compared to the standard 'normal' '9' then i'd pick the normal one!

Niall

2150 on the 29 today with the new style display. Don't know how recently this change occured though or if this is the first one.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Gareth

I wonder why the move to scrolling displays? I personally don't like them. I think alternating ones are far better.

Liverpool Street

Yeah, 2150 has it. Saw on the 58 yesterday.

And they have the larger first letter of every word now, like Diamond or First bus.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Somebody has obviously had some time to play around with the HELEN software and get to grips with all it's features (as well as the displays themselves).

It would be nice to just have some consistency with the displays across the whole fleet and at all garages. I'm not too fussed about scrolling displays to be honest.

(Obviously the Super-X facility isn't available on the flip-dot displays, so they will have to stay alternating, rather than scrolling)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Valandil

Many of you seem to have made very impressive displays.
I have had a go at making animated GIF's using Photoshop, which I am quite happy with.
But have some of you managed to get hold of Helen software or similar?
Maybe you work for a bus company?

vinh1000

Quote from: Valandil on February 28, 2014, 09:51:46 AM
Many of you seem to have made very impressive displays.
I have had a go at making animated GIF's using Photoshop, which I am quite happy with.
But have some of you managed to getting hold of Helen software or similar?
Maybe you work for a bus company?

I provide the copies of Helen and manual for this forum before

I am on mobile so cannot link you directly to my forum post so just search Helen and my post should appear

Sh4318

Don't know what to make of the Super X Displays. Just looks a bit messy and unprofessional on the front display, to me anyway, looks really good on the rear though, having '900E' small and the destination scrolling beneath it. Stagecoach Manchester use the scrolling capability well, on their LED displays, only the via points scroll
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

4823 with Super-X displays on the 9. Wasn't scrolling, ashame, as it would've been nice to see a scrolling feature on an older e400.  ::) oh well!  :P

nitromatt1

Quote from: clayderman on April 08, 2014, 06:55:25 PM
4823 with Super-X displays on the 9. Wasn't scrolling, ashame, as it would've been nice to see a scrolling feature on an older e400.  ::) oh well!  :P

Congratulations! It's had it for a good 3 weeks now. I wanted to see how long it would take for somebody to notice.

JoNi

I've seen 4885 in Coventry with side display scrolling.
Yesterday it was a 8/A with the front destination display showing the terminus and the via point in the same "font", which meant Walsgrave Bus. Park was smaller than the side display.
Sorry! and "Not in service" are full size though😊

Matt.N0056

BC messing with destinations again;
- flip dot route number thicker
- super x - thick route number, bigger destination it looks the same size actually, and via point in the smallest font

BY also have done theirs

John

Bordesley have also changed their NIS display, with NIS on top line, and advertising the bus app, scrolling on the bottom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk