News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

What should passengers/bus users expect from the driver of their bus?

Started by JoNi, February 01, 2014, 06:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: karl724223 on February 02, 2014, 02:52:39 PM
Maybe a lot of people on here would change there tune if they were drivers

Hence my reply in another topic reference this topic.

Drivers do, say, a minimum 6 JOURNEYS each day; 30 Journeys per week; I think to have a fair response to this topic you would have to actually do the job. Not just travel on it so please no smart arse answers from Matt/Nathan non-drivers.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 02, 2014, 04:41:24 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on February 02, 2014, 02:52:39 PM
Maybe a lot of people on here would change there tune if they were drivers

Hence my reply in another topic reference this topic.

Drivers do, say, a minimum 6 JOURNEYS each day; 30 Journeys per week; I think to have a fair response to this topic you would have to actually do the job. Not just travel on it so please no smart arse answers from Matt/Nathan non-drivers.

Hi. lar. ious.  ;)

karl724223

Funny them two names are mentioned
And
Matt willmot,s a bit quiet after being cought out pmsl enviro 300 thread

j789

As a driver all I expect is fairness and a bit of common sense. I always endeavour to drive in a smooth and courteous manner but some buses (eg certain Enviro 300s!!) are not great at braking and pulling away smoothly. A bit of understanding and less sarcastic comments would be appreciated. Also for example, when it takes 25 minutes to get around the Island and up Smallbrook Queensway to the 144 stop please don't ask why is the bus late (this has happened more than once!!!).

Passengers should expect good manners from the driver, to get from A to B safely and to wait for them to be seated before moving off. The driver should also have a good knowledge of the route and local services for connections etc.

karl724223

nitromatt1

j789

Yes I'm at First. We have a couple of Enviro 200s at Worcester but it is mainly 300s.

Gareth

Going back to an earlier point about buggies, I have never heard a driver ask for a buggy to be folded. 9 times out of 10, they will just shout  'I've already got two!' The other time they will be let on anyway! I was on an 8 a couple of weeks ago that had 3 on board. Almost impossible to get through.

mranon

to the last post, i would say by looking at the person waiting witha buggy, you either drive the route reguarly and know there is no way they will fold it, or they have that much junk clinging onto it, or its a pram witha newborn, in which case, you cant expect thm to fold it up easily. the 2 rule is first come first served, and in wolverhampton/walsall drivers seem to politely say they already have 2 on, but if they can fold it, they will wait.

Trident 4609

Quote from: mranon on February 03, 2014, 09:45:31 PM
to the last post, i would say by looking at the person waiting witha buggy, you either drive the route reguarly and know there is no way they will fold it, or they have that much junk clinging onto it, or its a pram witha newborn, in which case, you cant expect thm to fold it up easily. the 2 rule is first come first served, and in wolverhampton/walsall drivers seem to politely say they already have 2 on, but if they can fold it, they will wait.

Drivers in Wolverhampton do offer for people to fold their buggies but in my experience I usually hear the reply of "It don't matter,I'll wait for the next one)especially on the 59 when there is a bus every few minutes!

YWDriver

I always offer for them to fold a pushchair if I already have two on. As Nathan says however, the most common reply is that they will wait for the next bus - it's pretty handy driving the 50 as they can usually see the next one down the road !

trident4370

The problem with pushchairs is routes like the 2 and 3 which are every 20 minutes, that's when people don't like waiting and will try their utmost to cram on like sardines in a tin! Thankfully my routes aren't too bad but I remember a time when I lived on the 3, a driver managed to squash 6 pushchairs on a trident(2 in the wheelchair bay, 2 in the fold down bit, 1 taking up the front 2 disabled seats and one just dumped in the gangway between the doors and the stairs)... of course this is going back a few years now, before the 2 buggy policy was introduced.

karl724223

School kids mugging a school kid for his mobile phone all from the same school on one of our buses today sorry but I'm using the word    Scum

P419 EJW

Quote from: karl724223 on February 04, 2014, 09:21:46 PM
School kids mugging a school kid for his mobile phone all from the same school on one of our buses today sorry but I'm using the word    Scum

Was you there when it happened or you heard it happened?

karl724223

You don't need to know that
Police and the school are involved in the incident

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk