News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Jobs at NX Bus

Started by Stu, January 31, 2014, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I seem to recall someone asking before about bus cleaning jobs...

...vacancies being advertised for bus and depot cleaners at Acocks Green, Birmingham Central, Coventry, Pensnett, Perry Barr, Walsall and West Bromwich garages:
http://yournxjob.co.uk/others/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

There seem to be a fair few vacancies, I wonder if they're expanding various functions at those garages

andy

Maybe theyre actually going to start cleaning their buses?!

Ben

Quote from: andy on January 31, 2014, 08:57:30 PM

I remember a few weeks ago getting on a Coventry based Mercedes that must have been fresh out of the depot, reeking of disinfectant!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: ben710 on February 02, 2014, 05:36:02 PM

I remember a few weeks ago getting on a Coventry based Mercedes that must have been fresh out of the depot, reeking of disinfectant!

Could be worse. They could've mopped it off with a bucket of Diesely-Water! Happened to me on more then one occasion.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin_Brum12

Cleanliness has improved.  The condition of some buses was disgraceful during the Bowker era, and I recall people posting pictures on Facebook of mouldy burgers dumped on the back of some vehicles (yuk).  Also you could tell when vehicles had not been touched by what days Metro "crap" papers had been left littering the floor.

Passengers value cleanliness.  NXWM have responded.   This should be welcomed.

Stu

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on February 03, 2014, 07:58:23 AM

I agree completely. I quote from the note at the bottom of my latest direct debit ticket letter:

"We are looking to invest in things our customers tell us matter. In a recent survey, customers told us that cleaning was a top priority, so in 2014 we will move more cleaners to town centres and terminus points to clean buses during the day and not just at night."

Although it seems from the recruitment notices on the NX Jobs website, they are keen to have more cleaners based at the garages also, this should speed up the process of cleaning the buses while they are in the depot.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

I think it's great personally, a sign that NXWM listens to Customers and acts upon their concerns, hopefully more improvements to come.

andy

Cleanliness has improved.  The condition of some buses was disgraceful during the Bowker era, and I recall people posting pictures on Facebook of mouldy burgers dumped on the back of some vehicles (yuk).  Also you could tell when vehicles had not been touched by what days Metro "crap" papers had been left littering the floor.

I certainly welcome it, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it has improved atall yet.

Tony

Quote from: andy on February 04, 2014, 12:23:39 PM

I certainly welcome it, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it has improved atall yet.

But you just have a total dislike of National Express, similar to Bob's of Arriva. There has been a big improvement in the last couple of years, simple things like if a driver puts graffitti or litter on a VCR on his walk around check the engineers don't just write FFS they actually remove it is one change

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2014, 12:58:03 PM

But you just have a total dislike of National Express, similar to Bob's of Arriva. There has been a big improvement in the last couple of years, simple things like if a driver puts graffitti or litter on a VCR on his walk around check the engineers don't just write FFS they actually remove it is one change

Presumably FFS means 'fit for service', and not the other meaning?

John

Quote from: Mike K on February 04, 2014, 01:17:15 PM

Presumably FFS means 'fit for service', and not the other meaning?

Yes it does Mike  :D

BU07 LGO

I applied for a cleaning job at PB last year but didn't get it! I've been considering applying for a driving job for a while, maybe I shall :)

andy

Sorry Tony that just isn't true. I can certainly be very critical of National Express where I believe warranted and I say what I see. If you check my posts there are instances I have complimented them. Equally I have criticised Arriva and other operators.

I simply like balance. There are people on here who worship National Express like some blind cult and are completely oblivious to their failings.

As regards cleanliness, maybe it is because my prinicipal use of their services is the 65 and 11, generally allocated PB's and AG's most unkept and disgusting buses.

karl724223

Who makes the buses filthy yes the passengers dumping all there rubbish everywhere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk