News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Jobs at NX Bus

Started by Stu, January 31, 2014, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomf1993

Quote from: Tony on February 23, 2016, 11:12:58 AM
As I have told you several times all NX jobs are listed on this page

http://yournxjob.co.uk/

If it isn't listed there, there isn't a job available.

Of course annoying senior managers (not referring to myself who isn't a senior manager), is not a good idea if you may want employment in the future

Thanks @Tony like the last paragraph.

B,ham central driver , in the current climate under this regime loyalty don't mean jack, a driver at our place was dismissed after 30 years of service I won't go into details , but back in the day you would have gotten a final warning and chance to redeem yourself in away. Some of stuff I did back in the day and given a final warning for just wouldn't wash with current regime no way. 

GeminiFan1991

Judging by the comments, it seems to be the norm for all big businesses, sadly it's usually the upper powers who make such decisions at the expense of those who do the hard work and actually bring them money. Here at Amazon I'd say it's worse in many respects.

Having sid that, I've applied for many non driver roles and I've had a few interviews. Sadly none have resulted in me working there although I find the application/ interview process quite good and they also offer feedback on how you can improve. My last 2 interviews at AG/ BC, I managed toi get to the shortlist and final 2 respectively ! I've put some interest into the engineering roles NX offers although should I pursue them ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4194

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on February 23, 2016, 06:43:53 PM
Judging by the comments, it seems to be the norm for all big businesses, sadly it's usually the upper powers who make such decisions at the expense of those who do the hard work and actually bring them money. Here at Amazon I'd say it's worse in many respects.

Having sid that, I've applied for many non driver roles and I've had a few interviews. Sadly none have resulted in me working there although I find the application/ interview process quite good and they also offer feedback on how you can improve. My last 2 interviews at AG/ BC, I managed toi get to the shortlist and final 2 respectively ! I've put some interest into the engineering roles NX offers although should I pursue them ?!

I would make my own bus business before joining nx

Tomf1993

Making your own bus company is not as easy as it sounds, I have researched doing this before as its not as easy as it sounds, fuel costs are the big issues now days

PM

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 23, 2016, 06:57:52 PM
Making your own bus company is not as easy as it sounds, I have researched doing this before as its not as easy as it sounds, fuel costs are the big issues now days

Fuel costs are the big issue of the moment?! Words fail me...

Tomf1993

Do you know how high costs of fuel is at the moment? you wont be laughing if you were the one doing the budget for these companies and will see the figure for fuel, It might be funny for you mate, but it is not for smaller companies. Fuel is a massive topic in the bus industry,

winston

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 23, 2016, 07:24:22 PM
Do you know how high costs of fuel is at the moment? you wont be laughing if you were the one doing the budget for these companies and will see the figure for fuel, It might be funny for you mate, but it is not for smaller companies. Fuel is a massive topic in the bus industry,

Have a look at the price graph for crude oil, see which direction it is going in then come back to us......

Dom

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 23, 2016, 07:24:22 PM

What £1 per litre. Cheapest its been for over a decade!

Tony

Tomf1993

Then why in London and they all moaning about cost of fuel and switching to Hybrids etc and its not just about emissions either,

PM

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 23, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
Then why in London and they all moaning about cost of fuel and switching to Hybrids etc and its not just about emissions either,

No they're not, did you note how when most companies put up fares they stated that fuel costs are a lower and lower percentage of actual costs faced by the industry.

Mike K

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 23, 2016, 07:38:23 PM

Hybrids are more about lower CO2 emissions but aren't necessarily always more fuel efficient.

Liverpool Street

so what is the new deal and was it accept
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk