News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service changes 30th March 2014

Started by winston, January 30, 2014, 11:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0001111/369 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ

Variation Accepted: Operating between Chelmsley Wood (Coleshill Heath Road) and Birmingham City Centre, The Priory Queensway given service number 59A effective from 30-Mar-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

PD0001111/81 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham City Centre, Upper Bull Street and Dudley, Bus Station given service number 74/75 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.
PD0001111/369 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Chelmsley Wood (Coleshill Heath Road) and Birmingham City Centre, The Priory Queensway given service number 59A effective from 30-Mar-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD1121581/2 - DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED, 8 ERNEST ROAD, SMETHWICK, B67 7LP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Birmingham City Centre
Finish Point: Lockwood Road Northfield
Via: Harborne, California and Woeley Castle
Service Number: 29
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 01-APR-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday (no service Sat/Sun or bank holidays). To operate 55 mins to hourly

Competition on the 29 good stuff, sound like a crap operator no sat service. Looks like more still to go up.

Liverpool Street

Finally see what NX were playing at with all these old supposed changes for February '14.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 30, 2014, 12:27:03 PM
Any more, Winston?

Not yet, I'd created a thread as I'm assuming that the 30th March will now be the date for the South B'ham Review changes?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2014, 02:04:53 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 30, 2014, 12:27:03 PM
Any more, Winston?

Not yet, I'd created a thread as I'm assuming that the 30th March will now be the date for the South B'ham Review changes?

More then likely, it always stated 'End Of March' with registrations from 26-01-2014.
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 30, 2014, 02:02:26 PM
Finally see what NX were playing at with all these old supposed changes for February '14.

What makes you say that, because of competitors and commercial sensitivity.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 30, 2014, 06:00:29 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 30, 2014, 02:02:26 PM

What makes you say that, because of competitors and commercial sensitivity.

I find it difficult to read that comment. Did you mean it as a question? If so, then yes. Any company, even DTS Ltd, is competition. And I hope you realise the complaints about the NX29? If the DTS is on time, all the time, then the none-NXOnly pass users would use them, and even maybe RELY on them. I doubt it, but reliability and trust do come with time.
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

I stopped using buses nearly 15 years ago only when I've or run out of taxi dosh.

Imagine the state of Brum urban traffic, there must be loads of issues. I hated my dear old 94/93/92 back in the late 90's christ knows what it's like now. I tend to drive up and down the motorways with my job now, so avoid urban traffic. Not sure how bus drivers do it.

Yes I forgot to use one of these ? . My grammar is getting worse.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 30, 2014, 06:23:45 PM
I stopped using buses nearly 15 years ago only when I've or run out of taxi dosh.

Imagine the state of Brum urban traffic, there must be loads of issues. I hated my dear old 94/93/92 back in the late 90's christ knows what it's like now. I tend to drive up and down the motorways with my job now, so avoid urban traffic. Not sure how bus drivers do it.

Yes I forgot to use one of these ? . My grammar is getting worse.

No problem mokeyjoe. Yes I must wholeheartedly agree with you. The traffic is true state. Hopefully with these Gold Corridors it'll be improved but the company can't just keep giving time on the timetables without clocking on some things kicked off. The positive with the Bristol Road a lot of the bottlenecks do have the advantage of bus lanes, but the car drivers again spoil it. What annoys me is they know the bus goes straight on, and they're turning left.. so what negative impact does giving way -as stated in the highway code - to the bus have on them? Nothing. They just don't want to be behind the bus
Ever. Even if that means risking life and limb. Which I've seen regularly.
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

If the 94 became a gold corridor, then i would consider using it but can't see it happening, especially now Lea Hall has gone.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 30, 2014, 06:37:22 PM
If the 94 became a gold corridor, then i would consider using it but can't see it happening, especially now Lea Hall has gone.

Wasn't the 94 one of the 'neglected' routes after the closure?
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

I still stand by that, as an observer. :)

Tony

Watch out for a couple of very interesting tender awards coming soon!

Matt.N0056

Could the 59A route change be something to do with Dunster Rd, Chelmsley Wood. It is currently closed while they complete roadworks, and due to re-open 30th March so they may be changing it. Ive read that residents want the 70 to operate slightly differently in the Dunster Rd area.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk