News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joieman

3807 has indeed now lost the 158 branding.

joieman

The 127 is on diversion in Rothley via Fowke Street, Homefield Lane and Loughborough Road. Hence no double decker buses are in service on the 127. The bus I was on had to reverse momentarily to enter Loughborough Road!

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: joieman on May 28, 2024, 07:51:48 AMThe 127 is on diversion in Rothley via Fowke Street, Homefield Lane and Loughborough Road. Hence no double decker buses are in service on the 127. The bus I was on had to reverse momentarily to enter Loughborough Road!
Slightly confused as to why they can't run double deckers? Is there a low bridge or something else?

joieman

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 29, 2024, 12:27:55 AMSlightly confused as to why they can't run double deckers? Is there a low bridge or something else?
Low branches along the diversion route, I believe. I don't know why the county can't be bothered to trim the trees, though.
The Sapphire brand is even more dead than I thought. Riding on 3106 this morning, which is showing the "Welcome aboard Arriva Sapphire" screen on the next-stop display... 3106, the wannabe Sapphire bus...

AlexS

And in completely expected news 8000 (and 2 other electrics have done peak time boards on the 84) has spent the day on the 31 whilst 2 diesel e400MMCs were on the 50. If the diagrammer cannot tell the difference between blue and green buses something is going drastically wrong, 

Mayfield

Nice to see they take the electric of the 47/48 late afternoon and put a dirty diesel on until
The end of the day, 4760

joieman

4765 is reportedly withdrawn due to a collision near Clarendon Park in Leicester.

Mayfield

Route - one reports the last of the electrics for Leicester have been delivered, well up to date as they have been in service for weeks and it was September when the fleet upgrade began, guess that's when 8000 was delivered only to sit around doing nothing for months

AlexS

The driver shortage is over so it's time to get rid of boards that require buses running as little as 15 minutes late from terminating early on the last run of the day in order to get back to the depot within driver hours. Or at least I assume it's poor diagramming pushing hours to the limit rather than a lazy driver that caused the 17:40 50 to Narborough to terminate at Fosse Park due to the driver needing to get back to the depot on time.

Mayfield

That's absolutely disgusting, what do they expect the passengers they've kicked of the bus to do, surely the driver knew on departure he couldn't complete the full route or is it they need to get the electrics back to the depot they can get the dirty diesels out.

Magikrabby

Quote from: AlexS on May 31, 2024, 06:32:11 PMThe driver shortage is over so it's time to get rid of boards that require buses running as little as 15 minutes late from terminating early on the last run of the day in order to get back to the depot within driver hours. Or at least I assume it's poor diagramming pushing hours to the limit rather than a lazy driver that caused the 17:40 50 to Narborough to terminate at Fosse Park due to the driver needing to get back to the depot on time.
It is hard to say without knowing all the details, but honestly I wouldn't put it past the driver. I know that some drivers (from other companies) do everything they can to finish on time, or even early! Some examples are leaving the terminus many minutes early, not obeying timing points, speeding around the route 15mph+ above the speed limit, taking a detour to save time skipping stops, and yes even terminating early.

RobertJ21a

Quote from: Mayfield on May 31, 2024, 05:41:53 PMRoute - one reports the last of the electrics for Leicester have been delivered, well up to date as they have been in service for weeks and it was September when the fleet upgrade began, guess that's when 8000 was delivered only to sit around doing nothing for months
I thought 8000 went out most days training drivers ?. 
The others couldn't be put out in service for some time as there were issues surrounding the electrical installation.

Mayfield

Just report it factually 

xmj-signal

Quote from: AlexS on May 31, 2024, 06:32:11 PMThe driver shortage is over so it's time to get rid of boards that require buses running as little as 15 minutes late from terminating early on the last run of the day in order to get back to the depot within driver hours. Or at least I assume it's poor diagramming pushing hours to the limit rather than a lazy driver that caused the 17:40 50 to Narborough to terminate at Fosse Park due to the driver needing to get back to the depot on time.
While not arguing that what happened was customer-friendly, the decision was presumably made for a good reason. Are we sure there was no problem with the vehicle?

By the time it arrived at Fosse Park, the 1740 Leicester - Narborough was running 17 minutes late, which could potentially have meant the driver might be close to exceeding his hours if he continued to Narborough then back to depot, especially if there were any further delays on his empty trip. The 1800 Leicester - Narborough was less than 5 minutes behind the 1740 at Fosse Park so, apart from having to change buses, the impact on passengers would have been minor.

RobertJ21a

Quote from: Mayfield on May 31, 2024, 08:48:58 PMJust report it factually
??

That's why I reported the true situation. Unfortunately, there's far too many errors (and poor guesswork!) on this thread. Although sites like Bustimes are excellent, their data can have faults arising from the bus/ticket machine. Any problems suggested to you or me are often caused by multiple issues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk