News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Mk2a Metrobus Side destination displays

Started by craighu, January 17, 2014, 09:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craighu

Seeing the pics recently added of Metros 3010 and 3121 reminded me of the fact that the 2975-3124 batch all originally had side destination displays in addition to side route indicator. These were panelled over circa late 1990s...were the blinds unreliable or too much hassle to have to alter? Just curious :-)

Stuharris 6360

probably to much trouble, i can't remember whether they displayed the main destination, or like London they display a "Via"
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 17, 2014, 12:55:13 PM
probably to much trouble, i can't remember whether they displayed the main destination, or like London they display a "Via"

I think it was Via points like the Lynxes...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Gareth

Originally they were via points with white on blue blinds like lynxes, but with garage transfers etc, most would display Welcome Aboard.

Sh4318

They were via points, but eventually stopped being used and got covered by advertising, it was probably a hassle for drivers to change the destination display
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

lynx1103

The side destination blinds was removed in late 2001/earley 2002
I think this was down to the new built on advertising boards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk