News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Mobile phone use by drivers

Started by filbus1, December 30, 2013, 09:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filbus1

Is there a rule for all bus companies in the West Midlands about drivers using mobile phones. I

know Nat. Ex. are strict on it but some of the other companies don't seem bothered.

Liverpool Street

Smaller operators obviously won't allow drivers to drive whilst on the phone - although they [some] allow Bluetooth headsets to be used.

The usual rule is, if the vehicle is stationary, then you can use your phone.

NXWM is much more strict then that though.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Gareth

It's very regular for some Claribels drivers to drive whilst using a hands free set. The scariest ride was on a late night VIP 72 with the driver using his phone normally whilst driving.

pgdarts

Arrivas Official Policy is not to Use The Phone on The Bus at all at Anytime. To Make a Call U Must Pull Over, switch off/isolate, Apply Handbrake, & get off the Vehicle before Use.

CL

What's NX's policy? I'm kinda lost...  ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on January 01, 2014, 07:57:40 PM

Only use your phone either off the bus or on the back seat.

Engine off, isolated, out of gear and handbrake on. (Obviously..)
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 01, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

In my experience drivers rarely turn the engine or master off

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on January 01, 2014, 08:36:19 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 01, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

In my experience drivers rarely turn the engine or master off

When I was on the job I just got out the cab and stood off the bus on the curb. Bus was still running, in neutral. And it's ONLY for None-Personal calls. As in, you have to call BC for a change bus as CRC weren't answering. NX aren't that bad in comparison to others I could mention!
until it cought fire

vinh1000

Ah i notice a lot of drivers particually when im on the 16 @ green lane go to the back seat for calls and nowhere near cab
Makes sense now :-)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk