News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liam

BBC News at 6, the reporter "LIVE" in westminster with a few enviro 400's, Boris buses and Tridents milling around in the background

Tony

BBC3's 'Don't tell the bride' has just featured a couple getting married on ex TWM 2451

Dutsey

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2015, 10:25:05 PM
BBC3's 'Don't tell the bride' has just featured a couple getting married on ex TWM 2451

Didn't have you down as a Don't tell the bride viewer @Tony

Adam 404

Central News tomorrow will be talking to Travel De Courcey at around 18:10

Liam

BBC Midlands Today last night covering the M6J10 Project. 529 branded in shot.

4371 was on midlands today reporting on a girl who had a brick yucked at the window and her
on the YW18
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Dylanbusboy45

Plenty of buses just shown on BBC1 Midlands Today.
Including:37 branded E200
Diamond centro
PB red/white E400
WN E400 hybrid
A spectra

Tonight , new car SOS fuzz visits perrybarr garage where he did his apprenticeship back in the day.

busboy31

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on December 09, 2015, 06:53:23 PM
Plenty of buses just shown on BBC1 Midlands Today.
Including:37 branded E200
Diamond centro
PB red/white E400
WN E400 hybrid
A spectra
4817 was on BBC Midlands Today in February on the 9 before it moved to PB, then it appeared on Good Morning Britain when it was on the 101

Will

Segment on Midlands Today tonight regarding vehicles driving down New Street in West Bromwich and causing chaos & congestion for the buses the video is on the Midlands Today Facebook page now I would posted it but I couldn't find a way of doing it
Stourbridge   125

Adam 404

Stu

Far too many lazy selfish inconsiderate motorists on the roads now. The excuses rolled out by the motorists in this video are quite frankly pathetic.

"it's a shortcut" - no, that's why there are restrictions!
"There's no other way through" - yes there is, go round the other way!
"Everybody else does it, I'm just following them" - if everybody else jumped of a cliff would you do the same?

And the thing is, so many people complain about bus services running late and say they 'can't wait to pass their driving test' but all they do is just contribute to the problem and make it worse!

If memory serves me correctly, that section of road (before it was even pedestrianised) has always had vehicle restrictions in place (since the ring road was made two way) so why is this only becoming a problem now?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

wbdriver

Quote from: Stu on December 18, 2015, 08:27:31 PM

If memory serves me correctly, that section of road (before it was even pedestrianised) has always had vehicle restrictions in place (since the ring road was made two way) so why is this only becoming a problem now?

@Stu  it was restricted when the public opened in whatever year it was. the problem has only got worse since tesco and new square opened. when new street was closed a few months ago for roadworks, the buses that used the road had to go round the ringway in both directions. the bus station was never gridlocked then and as soon as it reopened, the problems started up again.

we are fed up of it. the sooner those cameras come in the better. it's not fair for people who use the buses
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Dom

Quote from: wbdriver on December 18, 2015, 08:48:09 PM
@Stu  it was restricted when the public opened in whatever year it was. the problem has only got worse since tesco and new square opened. when new street was closed a few months ago for roadworks, the buses that used the road had to go round the ringway in both directions. the bus station was never gridlocked then and as soon as it reopened, the problems started up again.

we are fed up of it. the sooner those cameras come in the better. it's not fair for people who use the buses

I'm gonna guess it's causing problems for NX, Diamond ect. As drivers will be going over the 5hr30min limit.

What are you meant to do if you are stuck in gridlock? Are you allowed to unload passengers or not?

P419 EJW

A London Transport single decker (reg plate: AML 97H) on Back in Time for Christmas on BBC 2.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk