News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

Quote from: Liam on May 10, 2015, 09:10:19 PM
Gerroff! What do you mean forced, it was a bloody good show...

Well it just just seem to recycle the same plots, always seeming to end up with Compo careering downhill in some form of wacky transport  ::)(although never a bus)! 

Trident 4609

A programme on Channel 4 about to start now called 'The Night Bus'

Gareth

Quote from: Nathan on May 11, 2015, 10:00:31 PM
A programme on Channel 4 about to start now called 'The Night Bus'

Been watching it too. Very much like a bus version of The Chicken Shop.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Gareth on May 11, 2015, 10:30:54 PM
Been watching it too. Very much like a bus version of The Chicken Shop.

Similar also to "The Secret life of the Pub". Too many hybrids but I enjoyed the programme

LiamthebusGuy

Quote from: D10 on May 11, 2015, 09:08:48 PM
Well it just just seem to recycle the same plots, always seeming to end up with Compo careering downhill in some form of wacky transport  ::)(although never a bus)! 
@D10 I am afraid I have to agree, however, in the interest of keeping to the thread I would like to point out that the MCW Metrobus' were in pristine condition whenever they appeared on screen. No bus anywhere is in pristine condition when it is in service. Then again this was the time before Fare-Dodging youths that graffitied every flat surface... Good comedy, Good metrobus. End of...

D10

More than happy to get the topic back on thread mate.

I think it is fair to say they would have supplied the best condition Metrobus to the BBC for filming purposes. In the same vein, there used to be a Atlantean in a heritage red livery to represent the old Huddersfield Corporation, that used to turn up regularly so this must have been deliberately supplied for filming.

Trident 4609

4015 and 5409 on Midlands Today just in which a report was broadcasting live in Dudley.

Trident 4609

Tonights Weatherfield Wayfarer is Blue Optare Solo WEZ 7833

Ashley 60171

Latest Nationwide tv ad includes a First 47xxx Streetlite.

Tara4352

A arriva daf decker on Eddue Stobart

Tiptonian

Perhaps slightly off-topic because it is a film, but it was on telly last night. An early 60's British film called "A Kind of Loving" has been shown a few times on True Movies recently. Some of the scenes are inside the lower deck of a Guy Arab, some of which have the actual bus sound behind the dialogue. The shudder when the clutch is engaged, the gearbox whine and the blast of a Guy exhaust......wonderful!

domino.99

Just been a report on ITV Central about buses, cars, metro, bike etc. A lot of Platinum's and Saphires featured along with metros.

karl724223

Quote from: Dom on June 25, 2015, 06:27:06 PM
Just been a report on ITV Central about buses, cars, metro, bike etc. A lot of Platinum's and Saphires featured along with metros.
didnt see any metros ???

Tara4352

Quote from: karl724223 on June 25, 2015, 06:55:30 PM
didnt see any metros ???
Midland metro tram

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on June 25, 2015, 06:55:30 PM
didnt see any metros ???

There were probably a few thrown around the floor of one of the buses like there normally is

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk