News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

work expierence

Started by James4368, December 11, 2013, 07:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

with bus drivers what other types of roles you can do at NXWM for work expierence?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Liverpool Street

Not 'with bus drivers'. Only Admin/traffic office work. Possible slight engineer work but at a safe distance/with the gaffer.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2013, 07:56:09 PM
Not 'with bus drivers'. Only Admin/traffic office work. Possible slight engineer work but at a safe distance/with the gaffer.

I am doing my work experience at WN Park Lane garage in March and I think it will only be the admin/office area I will be working. I should be working with Driver03 off the forum in the office too :)

nitromatt1

I've done a number of things, mostly based around admin work - fuel cards, tacho readings (spent a good couple of days on these!), timetable adjustments, etc.

However I've also done a few things such as bus washing, route timing and have been under a bus.

Very grateful to TGB for allowing me to get involved in so many ways.

Liverpool Street

From an enthusiasts POV; go for an independent company, they'll usually more relaxed and as Matt said, let you get involved more.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2013, 08:17:19 PM
From an enthusiasts POV; go for an independent company, they'll usually more relaxed and as Matt said, let you get involved more.

Can't go back now as it has been finalised ;)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4609 on December 11, 2013, 08:20:13 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 11, 2013, 08:17:19 PM

Can't go back now as it has been finalised ;)

Sorry Nath I aimed that at the OP.
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Sorry LS :) Didn't realise

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk