News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Lynxes, Nationals, Metros and Lances - Any left in service in the UK

Started by the trainbasher, December 10, 2013, 09:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Hi All.

Does anyone know if there are any Leyland Lynxes, Leyland Nationals, Dennis Lance step entrance (or low floor lances) or MCW Metrobus in normal day to day service (and not on schools only or works only service)

Cheers

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

If it's of any interest Tom, Silcox Coaches in Pembrokeshire have a fleet of around 20 Leyland Tigers in service (or they did a few months ago!)

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

You have got Midland Classic Metrobus 'TOJ 592S'.

I think it is still used on school services, it does very occasionally appear on normal services

mikestone

Routemaster Buses, Nantwich have National WBW735X and Lynx H28YBV which might even appear on their 828 service

the trainbasher

Trident 4609

I believe Classic Bus North West in Blackpool have a tri-axle (Ex Big Ben/London Tours or whatever its called) Metrobus in service going back to the fleet news in Buses magazine some months ago so may still be in service

the trainbasher

tc

Regal Busways had a Leyland Lynx in regular service in Essex until recently (even repainted into their latest livery - not sure whether it's still in service.

Equally Nu-Venture in Kent had a few Leyland Titan's left in normal service until 2012 - don't know the situation now though.

PM

DOC37V

I saw an ex WMT Lynx in Dingwall last October in service, can't remember reg though.

Have Tanat Valley got any Lynx's left? they had a good few WMT ones.
Preserving a bit of West Midlands heritage with 1037 and 1849.

Westy

Quote from: John on December 10, 2013, 04:18:10 PM
You have got Midland Classic Metrobus 'TOJ 592S'.

I think it is still used on school services, it does very occasionally appear on normal services

Didn't Stevensons used to own this one?

DOC37V

Preserving a bit of West Midlands heritage with 1037 and 1849.

Cheese

My mate keeps seeing BYW382V which I believe was an ex Chase National on the A259 in Sussex, think this is with Overland Travel who also have KJD530P.  Suspect they are only used on schools but nice to see them still going.

Konect Bus still have National UFX852S I think which has been known to appear in normal service.

Roy

Brighton & Hove will probably have the oldest bus on a regular service on Thursday when their 1953 Bristol KSW6G 2447 (HAP 985) will replace Volvo B9TL's on services 5 and 6 throughout the day. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk