News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Lynxes, Nationals, Metros and Lances - Any left in service in the UK

Started by the trainbasher, December 10, 2013, 09:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Westy on December 10, 2013, 10:51:48 PM
Quote from: John on December 10, 2013, 04:18:10 PM
You have got Midland Classic Metrobus 'TOJ 592S'.

I think it is still used on school services, it does very occasionally appear on normal services

Didn't Stevensons used to own this one?

Id love it if it was on the X12 for a day! Don't think it ever has been though.  Didnt MC use to own an ex wmpte titan as well?

John

Ashley

Jacksons of Leicester use Metrobus A735UOE on some kind of passenger service
Hawkes of Derby may still be using 2646 and 2842 on matchday shuttles to Derby County football
Buckbys/Hamiltons of rothwell, Northamptonshire i am told on occasions put a decker on their saturday only Northampton to Desborough, Desborough to Leicester service.  But they have a couple of Metros still I think

First Somerset and Avon still have a handful of Lances I think

Olympians are much easier to find

the trainbasher

Quote from: Ashley on December 17, 2013, 11:58:29 PM
Jacksons of Leicester use Metrobus A735UOE on some kind of passenger service
Hawkes of Derby may still be using 2646 and 2842 on matchday shuttles to Derby County football
Buckbys/Hamiltons of rothwell, Northamptonshire i am told on occasions put a decker on their saturday only Northampton to Desborough, Desborough to Leicester service.  But they have a couple of Metros still I think

First Somerset and Avon still have a handful of Lances I think

Olympians are much easier to find

Cheers Ashley, I'm afraid Olympians don't hold as much an affinity as metros and lynxes and lances do for me (especially as I grew up in a area where we had Travel Merry Hill and Midland Red West!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley

Very true. There are a few operators who use metros, lynxes and nationals on school and contract work but sometimes bus enthusiast tours are organised by various people to have trips and get photos of vehicles of that sort of vintage. Details of those are usually listed on the Bus Events diary website

Rail replacements are also a good time to find such vehicles. Metrobuses have turned up on such duties throughout 2013, sadly my knowledge of this is slim as I'm not in the know so to speak

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk