News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

MCW Metrobus runs on CNG

Started by Liverpool Street, December 06, 2013, 10:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Probably old news but still, a good watch.

Looks pretty nippy as well
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 06, 2013, 10:48:54 PM
Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Cheers LS,

Not seen a clip of one before, certainly seems to shift.....

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2013, 11:59:41 PM
Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Cheers LS,

Not seen a clip of one before, certainly seems to shift.....

Thanks for the reply Winston; its got an excellent sound I think; vaccum suction and the Voith 'box. Lovely.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

sjstevenson91

Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Glad you enjoyed the video, I was actually heavily involved in this project and was lucky enough to take it on it's inaugural test drive. It's definitely a very fast bus in it's current configuration, and great fun to drive.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: sjstevenson91 on December 08, 2013, 03:16:44 PM
Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Glad you enjoyed the video, I was actually heavily involved in this project and was lucky enough to take it on it's inaugural test drive. It's definitely a very fast bus in it's current configuration, and great fun to drive.

I presume you were the gent in the video? Are you're American?

I expect you'll load up this open-topper in 'parking lot' (to turn the phrase) as having the door on the correct side could cause confusion I expect haha.

Do you have the full history to this vehicle and can I have some exterior pictures? (I'll allow you to upload direct to our forum)
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk