News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

All hail AVL!

Started by Stu, November 23, 2013, 06:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Had a bit of good fortune this evening I suppose.  8)

Having finished work at 5pm, I was walking round to the stop on the Stratford Road just after Camp Hill to get my bus home, and just missed two 37s following each other. I then checked the NWM app on my phone to see what time the next 37 was, and it said 18 minutes!

Not wanting to hang around in the cold for twenty minutes, I'd already began plotting an alternative way home , when I spotted a 37E heading in the opposite direction showing 'Camp Hill Island' on the display. Lucky for me, rather than following the usual turnaround route (which is I believe to unload at the Camp Hill stop, then head down Bradford Street before turning right to rejoin Camp Hill), he literally came back round Camp Hill Island, and unloaded the two passengers he had left at my stop.  (One passenger did complain but he did correctly point out he was showing Camp Hill on his display).

Rather than waiting twenty minutes in the cold for a 37 which was no doubt going to be packed, I then enjoyed pretty much the whole bus to myself all the way back to Acocks Green.  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

settlerman

Quote from: Stu on November 23, 2013, 06:14:56 PM
Had a bit of good fortune this evening I suppose.  8)

Having finished work at 5pm, I was walking round to the stop on the Stratford Road just after Camp Hill to get my bus home, and just missed two 37s following each other. I then checked the NWM app on my phone to see what time the next 37 was, and it said 18 minutes!

Not wanting to hang around in the cold for twenty minutes, I'd already began plotting an alternative way home , when I spotted a 37E heading in the opposite direction showing 'Camp Hill Island' on the display. Lucky for me, rather than following the usual turnaround route (which is I believe to unload at the Camp Hill stop, then head down Bradford Street before turning right to rejoin Camp Hill), he literally came back round Camp Hill Island, and unloaded the two passengers he had left at my stop.  (One passenger did complain but he did correctly point out he was showing Camp Hill on his display).

Rather than waiting twenty minutes in the cold for a 37 which was no doubt going to be packed, I then enjoyed pretty much the whole bus to myself all the way back to Acocks Green.  ;D

Happy days. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk