News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: nobody on February 20, 2013, 08:34:23 PM
Is 4479 back out yet?

Yes, out on the 907 today

4210 is another being done

Discodave

Quote from: Tony on February 21, 2013, 03:52:27 PM
Two more being done are 1764 at Walsall and 4333 at Trailways

Walsall paintshop must be really busy any more PL tridents going in (the ones not going) plus are the earlier ones having the grey seats put in as WA tridents still have some in too.

Daniel541

4210 due to repaint and It will be last primeline on 4212.

Tony

Quote from: Daniel541 on March 01, 2013, 12:32:53 PM
4210 due to repaint and It will be last primeline on 4212.

see two messages up, yesterday!

Discodave

Quote from: mranon on February 28, 2013, 08:37:43 PM
4603 is back from refurb, seen it entering service just before 4pm on the 126

I thought these were getting branding for the 529 it had been mentioned elsewhere some of the later liveried tridents were being done for it.

JoNi

4424 re-entered service in Coventry on 13/A this morning after refurb and repaint.

D10

Quote from: nobody on March 10, 2013, 08:16:00 PM
With the green branding seemingly disappearing, wonder if the 42xx B7TLs are going to get a refurb and some new Soho Road branding? 4299 being the first example.

I hope so, some of the WB B7TLs are in a shocking state internally and should have been re-trimmed at the very least years ago.

winston

With the green branding seemingly disappearing, wonder if the 42xx B7TLs are going to get a refurb and some new Soho Road branding? 4299 being the first example.

I would have thought that if WB are not down to get any of this years new intake that least a number of their TWM liveried double deckers need to be refurbished as priority as NX have done with PB's Gemini's. Shouldn't part of the Sandwell review commitments have included refurbishment of the existing fleet, surely that can't just be limited to the No 5 Presidents

Ash

Quote from: Winston on March 10, 2013, 10:09:28 PM

I would have thought that if WB are not down to get any of this years new intake that least a number of their TWM liveried double deckers need to be refurbished as priority as NX have done with PB's Gemini's. Shouldn't part of the Sandwell review commitments have included refurbishment of the existing fleet, surely that can't just be limited to the No 5 Presidents

The alx400 at WB are in a bad state they really need a refurb and once smartened up maybe some hanover blinds could be fitted along with some smart orange branding (like the old 74 one was) and it will make a huge difference to the service. I saw a gemini on the 5 tonight I'm guessing Sunday evening service is the only evening 5 service that uses double deckers. 

Ashley

agree, I got on 4232 and 4248 and both were just disgusting, made my skin crawl, added to the fact I trod in something that was either food or human waste, being the 74 I wouldn't rule anything out, buses like the soho road ones just begs the question is it any wonder bus use is in decline

Sh4318

4274 is definitely the best ALX I've been on, in terms of condition
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

Quote from: Ashley on March 10, 2013, 10:28:20 PM
agree, I got on 4232 and 4248 and both were just disgusting, made my skin crawl, added to the fact I trod in something that was either food or human waste, being the 74 I wouldn't rule anything out, buses like the soho road ones just begs the question is it any wonder bus use is in decline

I try to avoid 4248 worst alx400 in the fleet when stationery the bus seems to over rev shaking the bus like mad not sure if it still does it.

don

I'm not sure how the budgetting works (i.e garage by garage) but I don't recall any 'stream' of WB buses being refurbed recently, other than the Presidents for the 5, and there are a handful of them. To be fair, they seem to have a large batch of B7TLs to deal with, but no apparent sign of them being dealt with?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ashley

I didn't notice any stationery over revving Ash

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk