News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on April 08, 2014, 08:06:45 PM
There were two old Diamond red and white liveried long darts (in addition to T418 MNH) parked up around the back of KR garage when I went past just now, will have a look for their identities when I go past on the way to work tomorrow...

There can't be that many still in that livery these days.

It's about time KR sorted out their allocation of buses to suit, especially with Whittle's putting B10BLE's on their 3

iamwilljh92

There were two old Diamond red and white liveried long darts (in addition to T418 MNH) parked up around the back of KR garage when I went past just now, will have a look for their identities when I go past on the way to work tomorrow...

Hmmm that sounds intriguing mate although it could be any one vehicle as I've just counted at least 5 red & white vehicles on the fleet list..

winston

Quote from: Will on April 08, 2014, 08:16:18 PM

Hmmm that sounds intriguing mate although it could be any one vehicle as I've just counted at least 5 red & white vehicles on the fleet list..

I guess they could just be being used for spares rather than service?

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on April 08, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

One appeared to be R reg and they both looked dilapidated, so appeared to be for spares.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on April 08, 2014, 09:39:28 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 08, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

One appeared to be R reg and they both looked dilapidated, so appeared to be for spares.

R659/660GCA I reckon or possibly S393/6HVV. There are quote a few darts not on the fleetlist that were withdrawn back in 2012.

StourportSam

Kidderminster Update

W904 JNF is now in service

There are in fact four old darts in red and white now.

They appear to be

R660 GCA
W335 VGX
Sxxx HVV
And another

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on April 09, 2014, 04:43:13 PM
Kidderminster Update

W904 JNF is now in service

There are in fact four old darts in red and white now.

They appear to be

R660 GCA
W335 VGX
Sxxx HVV
And another

Hmm interesting thanks for the update Sam, they look quite battered by the pictures I've seen of them on here to be used in service but there again knowing Diamond they'll probably surprise us by putting them in service! But I guess we'll have to wait and see..

PM

Thanks for the update Sam and it looks as if my guesses weren't too far off. I doubt they are for service as they have been being stripped for spares at Tividale the past couple of years

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 09, 2014, 05:16:50 PM
Thanks for the update Sam and it looks as if my guesses weren't too far off. I doubt they are for service as they have been being stripped for spares at Tividale the past couple of years

I would say you are right Diamond Dart. They appear to be for spares/stripping before disposal only as three of the four are missing one or more windows and all look to have been stored and stripped quite progressively for some time.

I will hopefully have time to get off by the depot tomorrow and take some photos, which I will hopefully post here.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on April 09, 2014, 05:32:01 PM

I would say you are right Diamond Dart. They appear to be for spares/stripping before disposal only as three of the four are missing one or more windows and all look to have been stored and stripped quite progressively for some time.

I will hopefully have time to get off by the depot tomorrow and take some photos, which I will hopefully post here.

Thanks Sam and I look forward to that. I take it the JYS dart and JBA dart are no longer there though I know 30428s seats are from the jys dart...

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 09, 2014, 05:34:33 PM

Thanks Sam and I look forward to that. I take it the JYS dart and JBA dart are no longer there though I know 30428s seats are from the jys dart...

Do you mean R954 JYS and T74 JBA? They're long gone as far as I am aware.
T71 JBA is still VOR with the front drivers side body panel missing.

Perhaps these buses have been moved to Kidderminster now that it is set to become the dart capital of Rotala...

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on April 09, 2014, 05:53:51 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on April 09, 2014, 05:34:33 PM

Do you mean R954 JYS and T74 JBA? They're long gone as far as I am aware.
T71 JBA is still VOR with the front drivers side body panel missing.

Perhaps these buses have been moved to Kidderminster now that it is set to become the dart capital of Rotala...

Yes I did so thanks for the update.
I would imagine theu have been moved over to use for spares while examples coming out of service are sold straight on.

Lol sounds no bad thing to me  :)

StourportSam

Managed to get photos and identities just now when I had a 5 minute window which I will upload shortly.

StourportSam

The vehicles are, from left to right:

S396 HVV
V941 DNB
W142 WGT
R660 GCA
ALX200 Dart
W335 VGX
S393 HVV
T71 JBA

Apologies for the low quality images, I have had trouble uploading them within size limits...

And yes, they were taken from outside the boundary fence.

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on April 10, 2014, 09:10:19 PM
The vehicles are, from left to right:

S396 HVV
V941 DNB
W142 WGT
R660 GCA
ALX200 Dart
W335 VGX
S393 HVV
T71 JBA

W142WGT was parked in the overflow yard at Tividale, wonder if that's being cleared?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk