News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on April 02, 2014, 10:55:48 PM
I am delighted KU52 RYN is obviously now back in service, V383 SVV also and I happened to have a look on the DVLA website earlier and I can confirm W904 JNF is now taxed (previously it was SORNED) so I guess it won't be much longer before it enters service so this is excellent news for Kidderminster

I can confirm. KU52 RYN is in service again.

W904 JNF is now inside the garage, so is presumably being prepared for imminent service.
The Wessex bus is also inside too.

The VOR lineup is currently from left to right:
T71 JBA , LG02 FFE , YJ06 YPU

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on April 03, 2014, 12:14:55 AM
I am delighted KU52 RYN is obviously now back in service, V383 SVV also and I happened to have a look on the DVLA website earlier and I can confirm W904 JNF is now taxed (previously it was SORNED) so I guess it won't be much longer before it enters service so this is excellent news for Kidderminster

W904 JNF is now inside the garage, so is presumably being prepared for imminent service.

Sam,

is the Wessex bus that you are referring to the VDL/Plaxton Centro?

I make that 14 full size Darts now allocated to Kidderminster, that figure includes S405JUA which may not see service again & W904JNF which is yet to be officially allocated

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on April 03, 2014, 12:17:16 AM

Sam,

I make that 14 full size Darts now allocated to Kidderminster, that figure includes S405JUA which may not see service again & W904JNF which is yet to be officially allocated

Winston, in regards to the question you asked Sam yes indeed it is a VDL Centro although when I first saw it parked there I instantly thought it was the same make as YN08 NXL i.e. a Volvo and as for S405 JUA I personally haven't got a clue where that is the only place I can envisage it being currently is Long Acre where more than likely it is V.O.R but as you say 14 long Darts at Kidder absolutely marvellous but a couple more wouldn't do any harm

winston

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2014, 12:55:31 AM

Sam,

Winston, in regards to the question you asked Sam yes indeed it is a VDL Centro although when I first saw it parked there I instantly thought it was the same make as YN08 NXL i.e. a Volvo and as for S405 JUA I personally haven't got a clue where that is the only place I can envisage it being currently is Long Acre where more than likely it is V.O.R but as you say 14 long Darts at Kidder absolutely marvellous but a couple more wouldn't do any harm

I wonder if the VDL/Centro is there for familiarization pending further examples moving North? A number of those would certainly boost the age profile of Diamonds KR allocation (which is now behind that of the competition) and would also add further larger buses to the allocation.

I expect KR may eventually have the bulk of the W9--JNF ALX200 bodies Darts as well

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on April 03, 2014, 01:00:35 AM

Sam,

I wonder if the VDL/Centro is there for familiarization pending further examples moving North? A number of those would certainly boost the age profile of Diamonds KR allocation (which is now behind that of the competition) and would also add further larger buses to the allocation.

I expect KR may eventually have the bulk of the W9--JNF ALX200 bodies Darts as well

Hmm I don't know it's slightly mysterious how it suddenly appeared though what I can't figure out is why they don't send T71 JBA and X372 CUY back to Redditch and we have 2 Redditch buses in exchange for example KU52 RYK and MW52 PZP hmm MPDs for full size Darts yh I think that could work plus any remaining JNF's that are stood doing nothing

winston

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2014, 01:07:43 AM

Sam,

Hmm I don't know it's slightly mysterious how it suddenly appeared though what I can't figure out is why they don't send T71 JBA and X372 CUY back to Redditch and we have 2 Redditch buses in exchange for example KU52 RYK and MW52 PZP hmm MPDs for full size Darts yh I think that could work plus any remaining JNF's that are stood doing nothing

But then Redditch would be stock with more MPD's than it needs.

W901 & W903JNF are both still withdrawn and may be being re-instated

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on April 03, 2014, 01:12:21 AM

Sam,

Yes I agree but why should we [Kidderminster] care :P in anycase stastically JBA/CUY would probably only be used on the 57/58 Matchborough circular route(s)

winston

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2014, 01:16:50 AM
Quote from: Winston on April 03, 2014, 01:12:21 AM

Sam,

Yes I agree but why should we [Kidderminster] care :P in anycase stastically JBA/CUY would probably only be used on the 57/58 Matchborough circular route(s)

You shouldn't..... but as I see it, Redditch will be the bigger generator of turnover & profits for Rotala, therefore, I would have thought that Rotala would allocate resources to whichever operations needs them the most, I expect RH will be higher priority than KR. But it does sounds from Simon's comments that Rotala are pleasantly surprised with what they have taken on in KR and it certainly sounds as though the buses are busier than when First ran the op. I just think Rotala should implement some improvements following the review conducted nearly six months ago now. Whittle's appear to be upgrading their fleet with the 2 x 57 plate E200's and now 4 x B10BLE/ALX300's, there could be more E200's to come yet once all the ex Finglands stuff has been allocated & the 14 new buses arrive at EYMS

tank90

Simon has already said that Kidder will only have ADL/Dennis buses! So I see the VDLs going to Redditch in exchange for longer darts, ie the 52 plates and W906 JNF and any other long dart we may have over here in the east. Or they are headed for Oban rd and Tividale and they are using Kidder as they did Long Acre.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on April 03, 2014, 01:05:35 PM
Simon has already said that Kidder will only have ADL/Dennis buses! So I see the VDLs going to Redditch in exchange for longer darts, ie the 52 plates and W906 JNF and any other long dart we may have over here in the east. Or they are headed for Oban rd and Tividale and they are using Kidder as they did Long Acre.

But Rotala aren't buying ADL E200 buses either new or used which of course would be the most logical replacements for Darts. The VDL's have some similarities with Darts in that they Cummins engined etc The DAF/VDL SB120 is the closest to a Dart

tank90

Quote from: Winston on April 03, 2014, 03:52:33 PM

But Rotala aren't buying ADL E200 buses either new or used which of course would be the most logical replacements for Darts. The VDL's have some similarities with Darts in that they Cummins engined etc The DAF/VDL SB120 is the closest to a Dart
Yes I know, but an E300 isn't to dissimilar to a dart either, I can't see the VDLs staying at Kidder after Simon said wht he did.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

iamwilljh92

Quote from: tank90 on April 03, 2014, 06:45:15 PM

Yes I know, but an E300 isn't to dissimilar to a dart either, I can't see the VDLs staying at Kidder after Simon said wht he did.

Are you referring to the Wessex one mate?

PM

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2014, 06:47:53 PM

Yeah, think so. I agree with Tank90-I can see the sb120's going into Tividale. Then, 20849 could move over to Kidderminster. Possibly at LAC with two more b7rle/centro's into service presumably for the 50/16, whilst it would be ideal if they could supplement existing Centro's on the services short term, ultimately they could move over to Redditch moving euro3 darts to Kidderminster. With more JNF's coming into service most likely at Kidderminster and with capacity created by the b7rles for painting, it shouldn't be long before the quality really starts to increase and the vehicle capacity problem is resolved.

tank90

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2014, 06:47:53 PM

Yes I know, but an E300 isn't to dissimilar to a dart either, I can't see the VDLs staying at Kidder after Simon said what he did.

Yes I am, Its more likey to be propared for service up here at Kidder to then be moved on to its new home.

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 03, 2014, 07:38:25 PM
Yeah, think so. I agree with Tank90-I can see the sb120's going into Tividale. Then, 20849 could move over to Kidderminster. Possibly at LAC with two more b7rle/centro's into service presumably for the 50/16, whilst it would be ideal if they could supplement existing Centro's on the services short term, ultimately they could move over to Redditch moving euro3 darts to Kidderminster. With more JNF's coming into service most likely at Kidderminster and with capacity created by the b7rles for painting, it shouldn't be long before the quality really starts to increase and the vehicle capacity problem is resolved.

I dont think anymore mpds are going to Kidder just yet if they do they will be newer ones to replace older ones for routes 141 133 and then the Wychavon Routes and Inner Kidder journies that are low loadings.

Dan

winston

E300's in to KR would be the ideal choice, as KR's engineering team & ex First drivers will already be familiar with them. E300's are few & far between on the used market, so the only other option I could see, would be for Tividale to take ex Wessex VDL/Centro's, releasing B7RLE/Wright or B7RLE/Centro's to RH to allow current E300's to cascade to KR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk