News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Will on March 31, 2014, 10:30:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 31, 2014, 10:26:33 PM
Quote from: Will on March 31, 2014, 10:18:28 PM
I saw LG02 FFC going up Comberton Hill this afternoon on the X3 service and I'm afraid to say it didn't look healthy smoking like a train not a good start to it being in Kidderminster at all I can see it being V.O.R before much longer as it was black smoke not alot but enough

Still using MPD's on the X3 as well  ::)

Well they won't listen to customer complaints mate and I guess until they do they will continue to use them on this route

It seems not, surely logic would say keep the MPD's on the frequent town services & keep the bigger Darts for the longer distance routes

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on March 31, 2014, 10:35:17 PM
I saw LG02 FFC going up Comberton Hill this afternoon on the X3 service and I'm afraid to say it didn't look healthy smoking like a train not a good start to it being in Kidderminster at all I can see it being V.O.R before much longer as it was black smoke not alot but enough

Well they won't listen to customer complaints mate and I guess until they do they will continue to use them on this route

It seems not, surely logic would say keep the MPD's on the frequent town services & keep the bigger Darts for the longer distance routes

Well precisely the number 4 & 5 routes don't get particularly busy so maybe they should use MPDs on those routes instead

winston

Quote from: Will on March 31, 2014, 10:39:02 PM

Well precisely the number 4 & 5 routes don't get particularly busy so maybe they should use MPDs on those routes instead

It's not exactly rocket science to make best use of the limited resources that you have by better vehicle allocations

tank90

Quote from: Winston on March 31, 2014, 10:44:12 PM
Quote from: Will on March 31, 2014, 10:39:02 PM

It's not exactly rocket science to make best use of the limited resources that you have by better vehicle allocations
I have a funny feeling its drivers wanting a bigger bus so take one they like to driver leaving the smaller ones in the depot. my own opinion based on no facts.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

StourportSam

It is indeed frustrating. Most of the time a full size bus is on the 4/5 with loadings that would fit into a car and there was even a long dart on the 133 on Saturday. Still the X3 seems to suffer with an almost constant stream of MPDs. LG02 FFD/E seem popular on this route as well as the V65x HEC MPDs!

Come on Diamond, do yourself a favour.

iamwilljh92

Yes Sam this is exactly my point it used to be the same scenario when we had the Optare's here but now that both YG02 DJZ and YJ06 YPV have "set sail" they have been replaced by oh surprise surprise another MPD as you quoted Diamond need to wake up and smell the coffee and learn that they cannot put small buses on popular/busy routes although as I stated earlier on they'd rather ignore customer feedback and do what the hell they feel perhaps it's time we all wrote a strongly worded email John Gunn (Chairman of Rotala) as it is quite clear Simon isn't listening to customer complaints either

Cedric

Quote from: Will on April 01, 2014, 02:57:38 AM
Yes Sam this is exactly my point it used to be the same scenario when we had the Optare's here but now that both YG02 DJZ and YJ06 YPV have "set sail" they have been replaced by oh surprise surprise another MPD as you quoted Diamond need to wake up and smell the coffee and learn that they cannot put small buses on popular/busy routes although as I stated earlier on they'd rather ignore customer feedback and do what the hell they feel perhaps it's time we all wrote a strongly worded email John Gunn (Chairman of Rotala) as it is quite clear Simon isn't listening to customer complaints either
Will & Sam  think it would be better to either do the email  to or phone . as Mr Gunn would more than likely pass it back to diamond
Telephone: 0121 322 2222
Email: comments@diamondbuses.com
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bowler on April 01, 2014, 10:19:39 AM
Quote from: Will on April 01, 2014, 02:57:38 AM
Will & Sam  think it would be better to either do the email  to or phone . as Mr Gunn would more than likely pass it back to diamond
Telephone: 0121 322 2222
Email: comments@diamondbuses.com

The two 2006 Optare solos were 37 seaters, so not a problem. Although I agree YG02 DGZ was tiny.
I'm not sure the situation is that serious, after all, the services are in fact running and as most of them are commercial Diamond can do what they like. Most Diamond services I use are on time and run efficiently, even if more capacity is needed. I have no cause for formal complaint as I can see steps are being taken to address the problem of MPDs on higher capacity routes. For example the three ALX200 Darts being transferred to Kidderminster apparently to replace MPDs.

I think it is harsh to say Rotala are ignoring customer complaints, who is to say there have been any made about Kidderminster - apart from a few bus enthusiasts on an internet forum!!

No cause for strongly-worded complaint in my view, just a little frustration...

Cedric

Just answering wills email and
trying  to advise  him it was not a
good thing to email who he
suggested  and the the 2 things
i put are the diamond customer
care contacts. I agree  with you
Sam there is no point at all to
do what will suggested  as diamond
are doing a good job.
diamond 8\10/125/292

jc

X3 fully big darted today V382/8 and a KU52

winston

Quote from: jc on April 02, 2014, 08:42:37 AM

There should be plenty of bigger Darts allocated to KR to enable that to happen on a daily basis, especially once V383SVV & W904JNF enter service

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on April 02, 2014, 09:22:35 AM
Quote from: jc on April 02, 2014, 08:42:37 AM

There should be plenty of bigger Darts allocated to KR to enable that to happen on a daily basis, especially once V383SVV & W904JNF enter service
I do not personal mind what size vehicle is as long. as long as one turns up . and everyone gets on. 
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

V383 is now definitely in service - just seen it on the 292

StourportSam

iamwilljh92

I am delighted KU52 RYN is obviously now back in service, V383 SVV also and I happened to have a look on the DVLA website earlier and I can confirm W904 JNF is now taxed (previously it was SORNED) so I guess it won't be much longer before it enters service so this is excellent news for Kidderminster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk