News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Wumpty on December 10, 2021, 01:08:21 PM
Bustimes shows 834 scrambled to cover the Halesowen-bound leg, with 2106 heading for Stourbridge.

No bustimes shows 834 leaving merry hill 40 minutes late and not reaching anywhere near Halesowen. It went from merry hill to cradley Heath rail station and back on time now. I would hardly say cradley rail station to merry hill is deprived of a service.

Also 2 x10s left merry hill together, 1 on a x10 to five ways. Was sat in merry hill bus station for ages so I presume no driver available to take over

Michael Bevan

X51's and 51's are mainly running between 40-60 minutes late at the moment due to an overturned car at the Barton Arms heading out of Birmingham (buses diverted via Wheeler Street), the usual Perry Barr traffic and the A34 between Beeches Road to Scott Arms (from City) being single lane all the way...

Trident 4194

2099 starting from cradley Heath station to five ways on X10

DJ

WA11/11A seem to be having issues, been waiting for one towards Dudley in Wednesbury for about 40 minutes now, with the screen reckoning the first one is still 8 minutes away, with another two not far behind.

A Scania was also parked up here, before starting an 11A short to Walsall.

No doubt traffic at Junction 9 and out of Dudley is the cause, as per usual.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: DJ on December 22, 2021, 07:09:58 PM
WA11/11A seem to be having issues, been waiting for one towards Dudley in Wednesbury for about 40 minutes now, with the screen reckoning the first one is still 8 minutes away, with another two not far behind.

A Scania was also parked up here, before starting an 11A short to Walsall.

No doubt traffic at Junction 9 and out of Dudley is the cause, as per usual.

I received this email earlier

"Please be advised we are seeing delays on the 11, 11A service this afternoon. Openreach works on Leabrook Road Wednesbury are causing congestion. We also saw congestion earlier through Wood Green Road.

Passenger wait time on service 11/11A is 15+ minutes, (Maximum operational delay 50 minutes)"

DJ

Quote from: Tony on December 22, 2021, 07:36:56 PM
I received this email earlier

"Please be advised we are seeing delays on the 11, 11A service this afternoon. Openreach works on Leabrook Road Wednesbury are causing congestion. We also saw congestion earlier through Wood Green Road.

Passenger wait time on service 11/11A is 15+ minutes, (Maximum operational delay 50 minutes)"

Ah, that makes sense then. No biggie, I got home in the end, although I do sometimes wish Thandi still ran on there so I'd have more options!

Westy

Quote from: DJ on December 22, 2021, 08:11:31 PM
Ah, that makes sense then. No biggie, I got home in the end, although I do sometimes wish Thandi still ran on there so I'd have more options!

Sounds like it hasn't changed since I used to catch it!

Thandi was a waste of time, as they used to finish around 5pm, & to add insult to injury, the last journey was an 'E' from Dudley to Wednesbury!

They were a lot better for me when I used to work on the Darlaston corridor!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on December 22, 2021, 09:58:15 PM
Sounds like it hasn't changed since I used to catch it!

Thandi was a waste of time, as they used to finish around 5pm, & to add insult to injury, the last journey was an 'E' from Dudley to Wednesbury!

They were a lot better for me when I used to work on the Darlaston corridor!

True, although they were a godsend at times. I had a child travelcard provided by my college along with a 16-18 photocard back when they were running on there, so it was only 50p to jump on one to college rather than getting on an often rammed 11/13 at the time.

I don't rely on the route nearly as much these days thankfully, although my commute home is often via Wednesbury on the tram now that it's back in operation, so it would be nice to not have to wait ages for one!   ;D

WMT3000

Just waited over half an hour for an x1 from NEC to Brum after the 2257 didn't show up. If NX can't even ensure that late night services run, there's something seriously wrong with the company. Still, Coventry Road will have hydrogen buses soon won't it. 😂😂😂

Tony

Quote from: WMT3000 on December 30, 2021, 11:35:59 PM
Just waited over half an hour for an x1 from NEC to Brum after the 2257 didn't show up. If NX can't even ensure that late night services run, there's something seriously wrong with the company. Still, Coventry Road will have hydrogen buses soon won't it. 😂😂😂

I'd did run, and left Coventry on time unfortunately do to problem passengers ended up 40 minutes late

It was bus 6946

monkeyjoe

I'm afraid going to carnage to a lot of Walsall routes / especially 51, just saw the most horrific scene on m6 north. The glare from the sun driving causing issues all morning .

MasterPlan

7:10 X21 from Bartley Green didn't run. So much for improved reliability.

(Apparently 6886 did it according to bustimes but it definitely did not https://bustimes.org/vehicles/279162)

And now to top it off 6888 which did the 7:23 departure has broken down on Kemberton Road  ::)
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

I love Walsall buses

Services coming to walsall Through Rushall experiening delays about 20 minutes or more just sat on 4333 on the 10 which is now in Walsall which now is loading looks like a Full upper deck and lower deck and a few standing as the queue from stand J reaches end of Stand K about to head back on a 10

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on January 12, 2022, 05:02:33 PM
Services coming to walsall Through Rushall experiening delays about 20 minutes or more just sat on 4333 on the 10 which is now in Walsall which now is loading looks like a Full upper deck and lower deck and a few standing as the queue from stand J reaches end of Stand K about to head back on a 10

Just had a look at 1898, on Bustimes.org, which was on the 9 earlier but running around 25 mins late on the 1616 from Wolves.

It then went onto the 1740 8 to Burntwood,  albeit roughly half hour late.

Would I be correct in thinking the journey finished early in Ryders Hayes, as the driver ran out of hours, so said vehicle never made it to Burntwood,  as that is what it suggests on Bustimes.org?

MasterPlan

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 11, 2022, 07:44:25 AM
7:10 X21 from Bartley Green didn't run. So much for improved reliability.

(Apparently 6886 did it according to bustimes but it definitely did not https://bustimes.org/vehicles/279162)

And now to top it off 6888 which did the 7:23 departure has broken down on Kemberton Road  ::)

7:10 journey to City didn't run again today.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk