News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Where in Saltley? I've lived here for 40 years and have never seen a 97 diverted through Saltley.

Quote from: Gareth on September 25, 2021, 10:35:35 PM
Where in Saltley? I've lived here for 40 years and have never seen a 97 diverted through Saltley.
Down the 8 route and up Nechells Parkway on match days I think. It might have been a short lived thing, think I remember seeing one on Adderley Road once.
Quote from: Busboy105 on February 05, 2020, 10:09:48 AM
No the 97 goes through Saltley during the BCFC matchdays.

I did a search on here and I saw one at Saltley in September 2018 as well.
Quote from: 2206 on September 01, 2018, 09:34:38 PM
The 97 (Towards the City Centre) was being diverted via Saltley and Nechells this evening at 18:00.
It appears the diversion was -
Looked strange seeing 2 46XX Tridents on the 97 (heading for the City Centre) - 1 was full of passengers at Saltley.
Bordesley Green East, Bordesley Green Road, Adderley Road, Saltley Viaduct and Nechells Parkway (I'm not sure what way they were going from there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Ok.

This evening.

8pm I'm waiting at Allison Street for an X1 or X2. No bus stopped there for around 20 minutes (50, 17, 60, 97, x1, x2). A 6, 4a and 2 went past. The 6 and 4a was rammed, the 2 not so. The crowds at the stop was growing so I left them and took a long walk to Priory Queensway (via Barford Street/Pershore Street and the Bull Ring).

At Priory Queensway an x13 was at the stop but the driver got off and left. Other passengers were saying that they had overheard that the driver needed permission to continue but noone was answering the phone at the garage. Then a 95 and a 94 turned up together. The 95 had a driver change, and started letting people on (it seemed it was due according to the totem pole). The 94's driver wasn't letting anyone on, but then it was saying it weren't due for another 15 minutes. I got the 95 and walked back to Smith's Wood from Kingshurst.

Lots of fun. The poor drivers were getting shouted at by old drunk men who didn't seem to care that they had been working all day.

the trainbasher

To be fair it doesn't help with morons panic buying fuel at petrol stations

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident4590

Quote from: ellspurs on September 25, 2021, 10:55:46 PM
Ok.

This evening.

8pm I'm waiting at Allison Street for an X1 or X2. No bus stopped there for around 20 minutes (50, 17, 60, 97, x1, x2). A 6, 4a and 2 went past. The 6 and 4a was rammed, the 2 not so. The crowds at the stop was growing so I left them and took a long walk to Priory Queensway (via Barford Street/Pershore Street and the Bull Ring).

At Priory Queensway an x13 was at the stop but the driver got off and left. Other passengers were saying that they had overheard that the driver needed permission to continue but noone was answering the phone at the garage. Then a 95 and a 94 turned up together. The 95 had a driver change, and started letting people on (it seemed it was due according to the totem pole). The 94's driver wasn't letting anyone on, but then it was saying it weren't due for another 15 minutes. I got the 95 and walked back to Smith's Wood from Kingshurst.

Lots of fun. The poor drivers were getting shouted at by old drunk men who didn't seem to care that they had been working all day.

Yesterday I did an X12, got to the airport and I had loads of customers from the X1 stop run to my bus asking me where's the X1 and how long does it take for me to get to Birmingham, it was that bad that they caught my bus instead.

BBS

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 26, 2021, 03:17:35 AM
To be fair it doesn't help with morons panic buying fuel at petrol stations
it's just people bring stupid nothing more
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MasterPlan

Not exactly sure what happened but just waited an hour for an X21. 4 of them had gone the other way towards Bartley Green..

Also I noticed a new timetable was put at the Castle Sq, Beckbury Road stop to include the 48 but the X21 timetable does not match what it says on the app and website.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Nearly an hours gap in service this morning then for the X2's between 8AM and 9AM.
On a main route into Solihull in the morning peak thats not very good. Good the 58 turned up instead.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 28, 2021, 11:37:10 AM
Nearly an hours gap in service this morning then for the X2's between 8AM and 9AM.
On a main route into Solihull in the morning peak thats not very good. Good the 58 turned up instead.

Yes, 6843 got delayed by 30 minutes (along with all other services towards Birmingham down the Coventry Road) on it's way into city, then further delayed on the way out

Over an hour long gap in service between 1866 on the 28 to Great Barr at 16:00 and the next one to Great Barr 1809 today at Ward End, Fox & Goose I think.
Plus it is allocated the most crowded/cramped vehicles in the fleet as well SD Scanias.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on October 04, 2021, 06:07:39 PM
Over an hour long gap in service between 1866 on the 28 to Great Barr at 16:00 and the next one to Great Barr 1809 today at Ward End, Fox & Goose I think.
Plus it is allocated the most crowded/cramped vehicles in the fleet as well SD Scanias.
They are only 'crowded/cramped' when the bus is absolutely full, same as any full size SD not just the Omnilinks, so you are exaggerating there... also with you also knowing the 28's can be bad theres no need in exaggerating and moaning over it. What do you expect them to do? I had 3302 on the 997 earlier which was rammed to the point the driver was going past stops, was also 20 minutes late. The bus infront was rammed and the bus behind (4863) was rammed too but you don't hear me complaining, after 3pm its expected the roads are going to be a nightmare and that will cause buses running very late, use your brain, Birmingham is absolutely a nightmare atm to drive through!

Quote from: Jack on October 04, 2021, 06:50:37 PM
They are only 'crowded/cramped' when the bus is absolutely full, same as any full size SD not just the Omnilinks, so you are exaggerating there... also with you also knowing the 28's can be bad theres no need in exaggerating and moaning over it.
No bus for over an hour is bad, and not exagerated.
In regard to the other point the double deckers are far better buses and not that cramped, thats all I was saying.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on October 04, 2021, 06:52:44 PM
No bus for over an hour is bad, and not exagerated.
In regard to the other point the double deckers are far better buses and not that cramped, thats all I was saying.
So what do you expect the buses to do? Grow wings and fly over the traffic? The 28 is a nightmare and has been for a very long time now.
Well you can't have Deckers on the 28 unless you want them to be Single Deckers...
If anything your moaning about everytime a bus is late or not getting a seat is starting to sound like the daily 4H nonsense...

Quote from: Jack on October 04, 2021, 06:55:03 PM
So what do you expect the buses to do? Grow wings and fly over the traffic? The 28 is a nightmare and has been for a very long time now.
Well you can't have Deckers on the 28 unless you want them to be Single Deckers...
If anything your moaning about everytime a bus is late is starting to sound like the daily 4H nonsense...
People rely on buses to get to/from work, 75 minute gap in service is unacceptable. I never said the issue was directly controlled by National Express, but the answer is more bus lanes. Its not going to get people out of there cars when they have to wait over an hour in the rain.
And possibly change to the route/timetable, so double deckers can also be used.

And I was only posting about a severe delay in service in a thread for late running services, so not sure what your rubbish about 4H is about.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on October 04, 2021, 06:57:20 PM
People rely on buses to get to/from work, 75 minute gap in service is unacceptable. I never said the issue was directly controlled by National Express, but the answer is more bus lanes.
And possibly change to the route/timetable, so double deckers can also be used.
It is the Peak rush hour, what do you expect everything on time? More bus lanes which will then cause even more strain when they are being created and designed on roads that already are congested and mean a new lane is going to need to be constructed. The 28 can't be rerouted either, well especially not to its original route in Erdington. Its quite obvious you don't see those road as they are a nightmare now to drive along let alone putting a bus down them!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk