News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SK68MEV

due to the last night of ramadan the last couple of 14s were stuck on alum rock road for abt 2 hours due to everyone doing early eid celebrations
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Trident 4194

Diamond and NX suffering heavy delays on the 4/4H/4M route. What's the cause of this?

Jack6101

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 18, 2021, 01:25:59 PM
Diamond and NX suffering heavy delays on the 4/4H/4M route. What's the cause of this?
Blackheath maybe as they've been doing road work there
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

mesub

6866 running around 25 minutes late on the 23, which is unusual at this time.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

JPC

Is there a thread for VERY Early running service? (if not admin are welcome to move this message to start a new thread).

Last night 2173 on the Coventry 17 and 17A left Pool Meadow 5 mins early, passed Fenside 13 mins early and was back in Pool Meadow 22 mins early.

The bus passed me as I was out walking last night so naturally took me by surprise, of course at 1920 on a Sunday and with a big football match about to start there wouldn't have been many travellers, but if you're running a bus service like this why bother at all?.

mesub

Quote from: JPC on July 12, 2021, 07:19:16 PM
Is there a thread for VERY Early running service? (if not admin are welcome to move this message to start a new thread).

Last night 2173 on the Coventry 17 and 17A left Pool Meadow 5 mins early, passed Fenside 13 mins early and was back in Pool Meadow 22 mins early.

The bus passed me as I was out walking last night so naturally took me by surprise, of course at 1920 on a Sunday and with a big football match about to start there wouldn't have been many travellers, but if you're running a bus service like this why bother at all?.
They shouldn't be that early at all. I'm pretty sure there's some sort of guidance that says that a bus should try not to be more than 1 minute early and no more than 3-5 minutes late (can't recall what it was specifically).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

Stu

Quote from: JPC on July 12, 2021, 07:19:16 PM

Well according to the timetable shown for those journeys, that bus was running about 8 hours late, if you compare the listed timetable with the plots on the map.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

Quote from: Stu on July 12, 2021, 08:17:43 PM
Well according to the timetable shown for those journeys, that bus was running about 8 hours late, if you compare the listed timetable with the plots on the map.

Yes, the bustimes website still is an evolving work in progress, listed timings are often incorrect like you've hinted, i.e typically displaying a Weekday journey instead of the correct Sunday journey, You will need to compare the bus location plots on the map, which is definitely correct, with the proper timetable.

EK40

not something recent but still quite relevant i remember some time in 2016 i was waiting for the 97 outside where it used to stop outside st michaels church and it took around 2-3 hours for the bus to come and when they did come i say they came, it was a whole march of 97 busses (around 8 i think)
a nice mix of single deck eclipses and tridents

wonder if anyone knows why this happened seems a bit odd that it happened like this

Westy

At least one Wolves 60 is running late due to a late change of bus, due to someone being taken ill.

Sister was informed by a fellow passenger,  as a polite enquiry of the driver by her was ignored !

Crosville

A34 in north Birmingham is a nightmare at the moment, X51 is running 15-20 late (even later at times) & that's off peak, & i saw 2 southbound X51s together (most likely both were late )in Bloxwich & this is the every 20 minutes section, yesterday afternoon.

Tony

Quote from: Crosville on August 13, 2021, 01:16:20 PM
A34 in north Birmingham is a nightmare at the moment, X51 is running 15-20 late (even later at times) & that's off peak, & i saw 2 southbound X51s together (most likely both were late )in Bloxwich & this is the every 20 minutes section, yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday it was due to the crash on the M6 which closed lanes all day whilst they replaced th barriers, forcing loads of traffic through Walsall

Crosville

:(
Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2021, 01:34:32 PM
Yesterday it was due to the crash on the M6 which closed lanes all day whilst they replaced th barriers, forcing loads of traffic through Walsall

Thanks for that info, i did notice the M6 was nose to tail & lanes closed off, when the bus i was on was going over it through Great Barr, the A34 is a pain in the backside with all those roadworks & it's all the way to Walsall too at the mo, & there's a long diversion north of Walsall too Bloxwich Road South is closed & the X51 i was on diverted via Ryecroft & Harden

There was passengers at the Designer Outlet in Cannock that complaining to the driver of the Cannock bound X51, they'd been waiting over an hour for a Birmingham bound X51, the driver radioed to control, think he got permission to run dead from the bus station to pick up those passengers.

mesub

4949 running 37 mins late on 45.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

The Fox 4846

From bus times the 33 seems to be running late as there is 5 buses within 10 minutes of each other heading toward Pheasey between Perry park and Warren farm.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk