News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

The M40/M42 were screwed today. Everything South of Solihull running very late. I was approx 40 mins late at one point. As I used to drive the 11, I'd imagine Bromford was where the hold up was.

As for drop backs, they have drop backs at Acocks Green & Perry Barr, and there was usually time at Bearwood too.

If a bus is running very late and the driver is due to come off at Acocks Green, they often send out duplicates from Acocks Green or adjust the duplicate wherever it should be. You always have that initial delay and then everything catches up.

But yeah, it was probably down to the motorways.

Westy

Surely no route is safe?

You probably would have thought in the past, the likes of the 79 & 126 were protected because of their 'iconic' status.

They got split!

Maybe it is time to 'bite the bullet' on the 11?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: MW on September 28, 2018, 08:48:21 PM
The M40/M42 were screwed today. Everything South of Solihull running very late. I was approx 40 mins late at one point. As I used to drive the 11, I'd imagine Bromford was where the hold up was.

As for drop backs, they have drop backs at Acocks Green & Perry Barr, and there was usually time at Bearwood too.

If a bus is running very late and the driver is due to come off at Acocks Green, they often send out duplicates from Acocks Green or adjust the duplicate wherever it should be. You always have that initial delay and then everything catches up.

But yeah, it was probably down to the motorways.
Something to do with a Lorry explosion and 3 hgv collided sadly one of the drivers died thoughts are with there family and friends

Stu

11C - still can't run on time even on a Sunday
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on September 28, 2018, 05:19:11 PM
Atrotious level of service on the 11 this afternoon.
Crowds of passengers were waiting at every single stop on the 11C route....

Can we just address this first.
EVERY SINGLE STOP?
Really? You saw every single stop?

Yes, traffic happens, we live in a city where if one thing goes wrong on the motorway the entire city grinds to a halt.
Can hardly blame NXWM for an "atrocious level of service" on a route that will have to cross every single major artery in such conditions

Quote from: Westy on September 28, 2018, 09:42:42 PM
Surely no route is safe?

You probably would have thought in the past, the likes of the 79 & 126 were protected because of their 'iconic' status.

They got split!

Maybe it is time to 'bite the bullet' on the 11?

Eventually something will have to be done, yes, I'd hasten to agree that the 11 could be split, and I look forward to the angry mob that builds up when that inevitably does happen. Much the same with the Inner Circle (obviously a bit less fragile being a shorter route)

On the other hand, though, if they're willing to throw money away at the Sprint idea then surely somewhere there's money for proper bus priority measures on routes like the 11?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on October 01, 2018, 09:17:43 AM
EVERY SINGLE STOP?

Yes, traffic happens, we live in a city where if one thing goes wrong on the motorway the entire city grinds to a halt.
Can hardly blame NXWM for an "atrocious level of service" on a route that will have to cross every single major artery in such conditions

Eventually something will have to be done, yes, I'd hasten to agree that the 11 could be split, and I look forward to the angry mob that builds up when that inevitably does happen. Much the same with the Inner Circle (obviously a bit less fragile being a shorter route)

On the other hand, though, if they're willing to throw money away at the Sprint idea then surely somewhere there's money for proper bus priority measures on routes like the 11?

The problem would be where would you split the 11? City road to cotteridge surely would have to remain with a through link

Quote from: Kevin on October 01, 2018, 09:17:43 AM
EVERY SINGLE STOP?

Every single stop between Ward End (Old Bromford Lane) and the Swan (Yardley) as they're the stops I travelled between, so yes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 01, 2018, 09:23:43 AM
The problem would be where would you split the 11? City road to cotteridge surely would have to remain with a through link
That'd be the problem, in my opinion.
If it was to be split, whatever way it happens, there's always going to be lots of people affected and disrupted by it?
What about splitting it at Acocks Green and Perry Barr?

If splitting wasn't possible what about reducing the frequency slightly and then operating more local 11E's ontop to improve reliability?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on October 01, 2018, 12:10:15 PM
Every single stop between Ward End (Old Bromford Lane) and the Swan (Yardley) as they're the stops I travelled between, so yes.

Well thats not what you said. You said 'Crowds of passengers were waiting at every single stop on the 11C route.... '

Quote from: Dom on October 01, 2018, 01:07:57 PM
Well thats not what you said. You said 'Crowds of passengers were waiting at every single stop on the 11C route.... '
Its what I meant to say.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

OH25

1824/1821/1829/1810 are all travelling together on the 8A
(just seen in Five Ways)

Trident 4194

Seen an x10 to Portland road and a x10 to bear wood today. Halesowen road roadworks causing havoc

Ginger66

The service 40 in the early mornings is always late this is 6:36 from friar park.  Bus has been between 2 - 10 minutes late each morning.  At half past 6 in the morning surely there is very little traffic to warrent delays to service.   

Unless problem is at garage could not go out on time for first leg from west bromwich to wednesbury

MasterPlan

3 7s leaving the City Centre, one of which a 7E to College Road, Crossways.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on October 02, 2018, 06:27:29 AM
The service 40 in the early mornings is always late this is 6:36 from friar park.  Bus has been between 2 - 10 minutes late each morning.  At half past 6 in the morning surely there is very little traffic to warrent delays to service.   

Unless problem is at garage could not go out on time for first leg from west bromwich to wednesbury

To be fair, that happens also on the 11a's around 7am from Walsall, that come from depot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk