News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

I'd say East Birmingham (specifically around the Belchers Lane/Bordesley Green East roundabout) is looking a tad congested at the moment due to people gathering.

Rachvince53

Quote from: j789 on August 05, 2024, 05:46:14 PMWaited 45 mins for a 16 from Kingswinford to Stourbridge around 12ish. The 1210 one didn't run in service but I saw it running empty to Stourbridge about 12:30 to pick up the return route . The 1240 one ironically was on time and got to Stourbridge at 1pm and was probably only then 10 mins behind the other one back to Wolvo which was seen on the Ring Road leaving Stourbridge as we entered it.

After a rather circuitous trip I caught the 16 from Wolvo later in the day at about 4 and things were fine then with no delays anywhere.
The 1210 you saw was 20 minutes late and only achieved that by omitting Wombourne and Swindon, while the later intended return at 1305 from Stourbridge did the same but was over an hour late.
The actual 1240 left Kingswinford 90 minutes late.

Rachvince53

Just to say that the works on Penn Road have now resumed and buses are already up to 60 minutes late on services affected yesterday. As a result some journeys will either not run or will be curtailed.

j789

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 06, 2024, 11:36:54 AMJust to say that the works on Penn Road have now resumed and buses are already up to 60 minutes late on services affected yesterday. As a result some journeys will either not run or will be curtailed.
Pretty shocking showing from whoever allowed this during the day. It is light from 4:30am and it stays light to 9pm this time of year so why the hell couldn't these 'necessary' works be completed early morning or evening? Saying it's done in the 'off peak' is a load of crap too if it's causing these sort of severe delays.

I hope NAt Ex etc put a suitable claim in for compensation.

Jack

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 06, 2024, 11:36:54 AMJust to say that the works on Penn Road have now resumed and buses are already up to 60 minutes late on services affected yesterday. As a result some journeys will either not run or will be curtailed. 
You are lucky if one does get curtailed!

Seems more of a thing for NX not to bother to turn short and keep to time but instead run the full route when another is behind not badly late whereas the one in front is very much behind!

Westy

Lack of Wolves 9's, as my sister has been waiting for a bus to Wednesfield since just after 7am at Bloxwich!

2 on route, according to Bustimes, but heading to Walsall!

Nothing on that journey checker thing on the website!

Looks like the same situation today, as same bus is not on Bustimes, but according to the journey checker on the Nx site, the 0757 from Wolves is not running, which looking at the timetable,unless there's an interworking Im not aware of, I would say, wouldve been the 0645 from Walsall as well, so how come the 0757 was flagged, but not the 0645?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Jack on August 06, 2024, 12:54:53 PMYou are lucky if one does get curtailed!

Seems more of a thing for NX not to bother to turn short and keep to time but instead run the full route when another is behind not badly late whereas the one in front is very much behind!

You will find that both are late. What will happen is that one will miss out part of the route (eg Wombourne) or, as happened on Monday, not stop to pick up passengers at every stop when there's a bus just behind on the same route. 

Incidentally the tree works have been extended and will continue both today (Wednesday) and tomorrow.

Buses are already startihg to run up to 25 minutes late.  

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 07, 2024, 11:18:59 AMYou will find that both are late. What will happen is that one will miss out part of the route (eg Wombourne) or, as happened on Monday, not stop to pick up passengers at every stop when there's a bus just behind on the same route.

Incidentally the tree works have been extended and will continue both today (Wednesday) and tomorrow.

Buses are already startihg to run up to 25 minutes late. 
Are they still using the B7's on this route if there getting packed maybe run a B7 skipping out stops and any spare Double Deckers available due to the School Holidays on the 15 and 16 as the filler Buses. So ie a B7 could be the limited stop bus or a 15E/16E with a DD running the whole route or stopper when the B7 gets emptier then it resumes normal stopping. With the DD hopefully overtaking or adjusted short if needed to depending on demand and if they catch each other up if there is a load still on the B7 they could all get off a 15E/16E and jump on the DD going all the way behind. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Rachvince53

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on August 07, 2024, 01:21:27 PMAre they still using the B7's on this route if there getting packed maybe run a B7 skipping out stops and any spare Double Deckers available due to the School Holidays on the 15 and 16 as the filler Buses. So ie a B7 could be the limited stop bus or a 15E/16E with a DD running the whole route or stopper when the B7 gets emptier then it resumes normal stopping. With the DD hopefully overtaking or adjusted short if needed to depending on demand and if they catch each other up if there is a load still on the B7 they could all get off a 15E/16E and jump on the DD going all the way behind.
B7s are the norm now with only the occasional DD (except Sundays when DDs are the norm).  

Westy

Quote from: Westy on August 07, 2024, 08:01:32 AMLack of Wolves 9's, as my sister has been waiting for a bus to Wednesfield since just after 7am at Bloxwich!

2 on route, according to Bustimes, but heading to Walsall!

Nothing on that journey checker thing on the website!

Today (8/8/2024)

Looks like the same situation today, as same bus is not on Bustimes, but according to the journey checker on the Nx site, the 0757 from Wolves is not running, which looking at the timetable,unless there's an interworking Im not aware of, I would say, wouldve been the 0645 from Walsall as well, so how come the 0757 was flagged, but not the 0645?

PB50

Looking on bus times this morning there's 5 buses currently tracking on the 9 this morning compared to only 2 yesterday. So it must have been running late.

Westy

Quote from: PB50 on August 08, 2024, 08:08:05 AMLooking on bus times this morning there's 5 buses currently tracking on the 9 this morning compared to only 2 yesterday. So it must have been running late.
Well the vehicle I was interested in, on behalf of my sister, didnt start tracking until High Heath!

Stu

Stratford Road and Coventry Road services all shot to pieces this afternoon and evening, thanks to the closure of Small Heath Highway between Poets Corner and Hay Mills following a crash. Also not helped by the closure of Stratford Road through Sparkbrook.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Stu on August 14, 2024, 07:15:34 PMStratford Road and Coventry Road services all shot to pieces this afternoon and evening, thanks to the closure of Small Heath Highway between Poets Corner and Hay Mills following a crash. Also not helped by the closure of Stratford Road through Sparkbrook.

And again this evening, Small Heath Highway and Small Heath Bridge closed after some crane struck the bridge, resulting in all the surrounding roads becoming gridlocked.

Already diverted Stratford Road services now having to go via Coventry Road through Small Heath, some buses running over an hour late.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

2203 running 26 minutes late on the 4
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk