News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Nathan on December 18, 2015, 07:56:41 PM
Plenty of late running on WN routes as expected with many finishing for Christmas etc.

59's running in bunches of 3's this afternoon. Two 69's seen running together through Wednesfield earlier too.

The last Friday before Xmas is always bad, I just missed a 22 and a 23 in the city this evening and within seconds 2 more turned up along with 2 24s.

Ashley 60171

Dudley and Merry Hill were flowing pretty normally this afternoon. Did I get back before the fun started?

Westy

Quote from: WN on December 18, 2015, 05:09:41 PM
At least you'll have Thandi as an option soon.

Really?  First I've heard about it.

Not much use with my Faresaver though!

Don't suppose my Pay As You Go Swift will be any use will it?

Dom

Quote from: Westy on December 18, 2015, 11:01:57 PM
Really?  First I've heard about it.

Not much use with my Faresaver though!

Don't suppose my Pay As You Go Swift will be any use will it?

Yup. 23rd Feb IIRC.

Yes Thandi accept Swift PAYG.

Kevin

Yesterday evening apparently a crash on the Queensway somewhere. Traffic in Brum around 6pm was a nightmare. Caught the 17:55 X51 it took 20 mins to get from Bull Street to Lancaster Circus
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

B.C Driver

Been waiting 2 and a half hours for a 61 and it still hasn't turned up. Going to write to my MP about this!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Dom

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on December 25, 2015, 12:24:35 PM
Been waiting 2 and a half hours for a 61 and it still hasn't turned up. Going to write to my MP about this!

:) Was tempted to put a post like this.

Jack6101

The wb 45 has been terrible to day waited nearly 35 mins for a bus then 2 turned up 1949 (crimson) and 19++ then the other one on be on view road went nis and the 3 passenger got on my bus
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Kevin

16:55 529 ex wolves seems to be missing, been waiting in Willenhall for it and something was tracking on the real time app around the time it should have been, but then disappeared

Seems most services in Walsall were struggling today. Saw a 4M from Merry Hill to Blackheath and a 313E running short from Dudley to Wednesbury
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Traffic in town awful this afternoon from Lancaster Circus down to Park Street. Before the Dale End diversion was used it took me nearly 20 minutes to get through City. Everywhere else was quiet though.

The 914 half hour behind caught me up and overtook at the Bagot heading to Sutton on my third trip. I was 40 late then as he told me he was 10 late. I finally got into Sutton as he left, but I was bursting so had to run up to McDonalds to use the loo. I quickly tried to phone the garage and pressed the late button. The traffic office line was busy, so I had to continue, getting into the Uni relief stop a few minutes after the other 914 (which was my bus for my second half) and was waiting for me!

The next driver of my first bus and the driver I was taking over from put all the passengers onto the bus I had just came off, and I stayed there and phoned the garage again as I would have over driving hours. I was told to carry on to Sutton and phone back there. The bus I had just come off was loading at the Square Peg so I never stopped. Luckily loadings were very quiet so made up a bit of time. I had my 30 minutes RTI break then, the 914 running 40 minutes late ran dead to City when he reached Sutton , so there was a 90 minute gap in the service from Sutton (at that point there was only one bus left running as I was on a break and the late one was running dead). I walked round to McDonalds to get some food, and there was loads of people waiting, some I guess for more than an hour. I then was told to run dead to City for my last trip (within 15 minutes), so left around 8 minutes late then

I apologise for rambling on a bit, but I'm done now  ;D

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on December 28, 2015, 05:35:26 PM
16:55 529 ex wolves seems to be missing, been waiting in Willenhall for it and something was tracking on the real time app around the time it should have been, but then disappeared

Seems most services in Walsall were struggling today. Saw a 4M from Merry Hill to Blackheath and a 313E running short from Dudley to Wednesbury

I did a half day today, but luckily I had a lift there & back, especially as I was supposed to be in for 9 over Wednesbury.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on December 28, 2015, 08:08:28 PM
Traffic in town awful this afternoon from Lancaster Circus down to Park Street. Before the Dale End diversion was used it took me nearly 20 minutes to get through City. Everywhere else was quiet though.

The 914 half hour behind caught me up and overtook at the Bagot heading to Sutton on my third trip. I was 40 late then as he told me he was 10 late. I finally got into Sutton as he left, but I was bursting so had to run up to McDonalds to use the loo. I quickly tried to phone the garage and pressed the late button. The traffic office line was busy, so I had to continue, getting into the Uni relief stop a few minutes after the other 914 (which was my bus for my second half) and was waiting for me!

The next driver of my first bus and the driver I was taking over from put all the passengers onto the bus I had just came off, and I stayed there and phoned the garage again as I would have over driving hours. I was told to carry on to Sutton and phone back there. The bus I had just come off was loading at the Square Peg so I never stopped. Luckily loadings were very quiet so made up a bit of time. I had my 30 minutes RTI break then, the 914 running 40 minutes late ran dead to City when he reached Sutton , so there was a 90 minute gap in the service from Sutton (at that point there was only one bus left running as I was on a break and the late one was running dead). I walked round to McDonalds to get some food, and there was loads of people waiting, some I guess for more than an hour. I then was told to run dead to City for my last trip (within 15 minutes), so left around 8 minutes late then

I apologise for rambling on a bit, but I'm done now  ;D

Sounds like you had a fun day then! Think it was you I saw loading by the square peg and there was loads waiting to get on!

I lost 10 mins in the traffic in town so my 937a was late but I had a decent amount of drop back so recovered

Trident 4609

4588 and 4572 within minutes of each other on WN25.

WMT3000

2 97a services, one behind the other, both heading for the airport. The second one is a b7. No wonder the supposed 4/5 minute frequency on the 97 is more like 15/20 minutes most of the time.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: WMT3000 on January 15, 2016, 02:16:44 PM
2 97a services, one behind the other, both heading for the airport. The second one is a b7. No wonder the supposed 4/5 minute frequency on the 97 is more like 15/20 minutes most of the time.

Their might have been some traffic related problems, the 97 is my closest route and quite frequent at the best of times.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk