News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Dom on November 14, 2015, 03:58:52 PM
Do you know why?

@Dom Birminghams gridlock, suppose this is causing the delays

BU07 LGO

Well my 935 was due at 1420 and came at 1556! The 935 after was behind and still didn't get adjusted even though we both had barely any passengers!

Solo1

Quote from: Dom on November 14, 2015, 03:58:52 PM
Do you know why?
traffic heading to German market & the Saturday shoppers

monkeyjoe

Mixture of that and the Mailbox was evacuated. Stuck in it myself earlier.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Tony on November 14, 2015, 10:53:09 AM
FTO means 'failed to operate' you actually stated it operated.

Doesn't a bus class a failed to operate if is outside the window of compliance of no more than 1 minute early or 5 minutes late, I'm sure I've read that in recent articles of the Traffic Commissioner's investigations into GRS.

Kevin

Driver of the 51 just said there's been a fatal crash by the Bell Inn, so 51 X51 (and so equally 934/937A) are all screwed atm

Edit:
They're all going up the Queslett road from Scott Arms and up over Barr Beacon to get to Walsall
Except the X51 that was behind me, dunno maybe it's cleared already or he just didn't get the message
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2015, 02:36:46 PM
Driver of the 51 just said there's been a fatal crash by the Bell Inn, so 51 X51 (and so equally 934/937A) are all screwed atm

Edit:
They're all going up the Queslett road from Scott Arms and up over Barr Beacon to get to Walsall
Except the X51 that was behind me, dunno maybe it's cleared already or he just didn't get the message

There's not many suitable diversion routes round there, is there?

What about that road by that hotel by J7?

John

Quote from: Westy on November 15, 2015, 03:07:24 PM
There's not many suitable diversion routes round there, is there?

What about that road by that hotel by J7?

Chapel Lane, It comes out just past Barr Beacon School on the Beacon Road. It is a narrow country lane with low hanging trees. I drove down there in the car once. Barely wide enough for two cars in some places

garrym1972

I live down by  chapel lane and there is restrictions to buses and lorrys
due to the road narrowing in places
gotta love the gemini

Westy

Trident 4609

Don't know how late this is making buses but Ring Rd St Georges between Wednesfield Rd and Bilston St Island is currently closed due to a Police incident.

The app said "Delays of up to 40 mins for buses leaving Wolverhampton Bus Station"

John

This morning just after 9am, I passed 5 907s within the space of 20 minutes between City and The Boars Head, Aldridge Road (4244, 4505, 4856, an OmniCity and another one). I was 20 minutes late here too. Traffic was horrendous, maybe related to no trains running

I even saw an Arriva 110 completely full. A full seated load on both decks and people standing all along the lower deck

GeminiFan1991

The A52 alongside the A5 is a consistently late bus, I just on, 30 minutes after it was supposed to arrive ! The A51 is usually waiting when everyone leaves
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stu

This morning was the third one in a row where the traffic has been so bad on the Stratford Road through Sparkbrook that I've got off the bus and walked the rest of the way to work.

The thing is, I don't blame the bus companies, after all bad traffic is hardly their fault. But the traffic has been steadily getting worse over the last few weeks, and I'm seeing my commute time from Acocks Green to just before Camp Hill increasing from 25 minutes to 45-50 minutes. At some point in the near future it's going to be quicker if I walk all the way!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Town was chaos around half 11 this morning.
Can't think why....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk