News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4777

Quote from: Stu on August 20, 2024, 08:15:33 PMBuses can be repainted you know. :rolleyes:

Why keep one non-standard vehicle just because it is in a different livery?

I took it to mean kept in the sense of the other, preserved, pets. 

But clearly there's future life in this one so it's not like it's planned to be withdrawn for scrap.

Westy

Quote from: Stu on August 20, 2024, 08:15:33 PMBuses can be repainted you know. :rolleyes:

Why keep one non-standard vehicle just because it is in a different livery?

To be fair, there are 'other' non standard vehicles in the heritage fleet, compared to what is in the current fleet, so it was a reasonable question.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I would say PB would repaint another bus into the Hertiage Livery but unless they get some Newer Single Deckers for routes like 28 or paint an Omnilink I doubt they will. However maybe another Garage nearby might get that Livery  BC maybe using an E400 assuming there Staying at BC for a while. Otherwise maybe another Hertiage Bus NX have that is being restored could be put into that Livery. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Steve3229vp

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on August 21, 2024, 11:34:51 AMI would say PB would repaint another bus into the Hertiage Livery but unless they get some Newer Single Deckers for routes like 28 or paint an Omnilink I doubt they will. However maybe another Garage nearby might get that Livery  BC maybe using an E400 assuming there Staying at BC for a while. Otherwise maybe another Hertiage Bus NX have that is being restored could be put into that Livery.
The chances of another bus being painted in any Heritage livery is highly unlikely due to costs and time taken. As for new single deckers absolutely no chance, there are enough single deckers as it is. I would hope that some B7's will replace Scania's at PB

don

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 21, 2024, 12:40:47 PMThe chances of another bus being painted in any Heritage livery is highly unlikely due to costs and time taken. As for new single deckers absolutely no chance, there are enough single deckers as it is. I would hope that some B7's will replace Scania's at PB
New single deckers will be required in Coventry soon - no doubt these will displace the existing E200 and B7RLE buses. However it won't be too long before more electric single deckers are required. Making PB fully electric at some point soon would surely be an objective. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: don on August 21, 2024, 02:16:05 PMNew single deckers will be required in Coventry soon - no doubt these will displace the existing E200 and B7RLE buses. However it won't be too long before more electric single deckers are required. Making PB fully electric at some point soon would surely be an objective.
There are around 400 single deckers in the fleet which is far too many, with a lot of services struggling to break even then it's common sense to replace some services with double deckers with a reduced frequency.

Straightlines

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 21, 2024, 03:10:02 PMThere are around 400 single deckers in the fleet which is far too many, with a lot of services struggling to break even then it's common sense to replace some services with double deckers with a reduced frequency.
Arguably most of them are life expired!

don

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 21, 2024, 03:10:02 PMThere are around 400 single deckers in the fleet which is far too many, with a lot of services struggling to break even then it's common sense to replace some services with double deckers with a reduced frequency.
I'm not sure I agree with the reduced frequency angle as there is a point at which frequency reduction puts people off using the service completely but the principle of reducing the number of single deckers with new double deckers has been, and will continue to happen I guess. And of course, there are routes where single deckers are required for physical reasons - presumably the 8 and 28 will receive electric single deckers at some stage. 

Once all the Scanias have been replaced, the next oldest vehicles are the 4718, 4830 and 2001 batches - presuming some of YWs elderly batch (4718 on) isn't replaced shortly by electrics. As always, we will have to wait and see!! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Quote from: don on August 21, 2024, 04:37:20 PMAnd of course, there are routes where single deckers are required for physical reasons - presumably the 8 and 28 will receive electric single deckers at some stage.

There will be no physical restrictions on the 8 once 4777-80/4849 leave PB.
It is strictly single deck operated to stop the risk of those getting on there in error.

So we might see the new EV double decks on the 8 eventually.

https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=100.msg280679#msg280679
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on August 21, 2024, 07:00:51 PMThere will be no physical restrictions on the 8 once 4777-80/4849 leave PB.
It is strictly single deck operated to stop the risk of those getting on there in error.

So we might see the new EV double decks on the 8 eventually.

https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=100.msg280679#msg280679
I was just waiting for the obsession with the 8's having Decker comments.

They are far more busier routes at PB that need Deckers than the 8. 

Tony

Quote from: Jack on August 21, 2024, 08:02:47 PMI was just waiting for the obsession with the 8's having Decker comments.

They are far more busier routes at PB that need Deckers than the 8.
And they all have deckers

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: don on August 21, 2024, 04:37:20 PMI'm not sure I agree with the reduced frequency angle as there is a point at which frequency reduction puts people off using the service completely but the principle of reducing the number of single deckers with new double deckers has been, and will continue to happen I guess. And of course, there are routes where single deckers are required for physical reasons - presumably the 8 and 28 will receive electric single deckers at some stage.

Once all the Scanias have been replaced, the next oldest vehicles are the 4718, 4830 and 2001 batches - presuming some of YWs elderly batch (4718 on) isn't replaced shortly by electrics. As always, we will have to wait and see!!
Well that's what I was thinking the 28, 66, 96 all use Singles. If the Scania's leave I thought maybe some B7's come across to run the 28, 66 which might become Double Decker, plus the Amazon routes that go down I think the 67 route. The 96 I think has seem Double Deckers so probably will see them, the 66 Probably could to not sure. Tony said though all the busy routes at PB that can use DD's do so I thought three routes for the short term could receive Scania Replacement's maybe. Unless as I said BC Paint a bus in that Livery or maybe one or the Hertiage Buses NX is restoring and that could be based at PB as part of the Private Hire fleet. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on August 21, 2024, 09:27:36 PMWell that's what I was thinking the 28, 66, 96 all use Singles. If the Scania's leave I thought maybe some B7's come across to run the 28, 66 which might become Double Decker, plus the Amazon routes that go down I think the 67 route. The 96 I think has seem Double Deckers so probably will see them, the 66 Probably could to not sure. Tony said though all the busy routes at PB that can use DD's do so I thought three routes for the short term could receive Scania Replacement's maybe. Unless as I said BC Paint a bus in that Livery or maybe one or the Hertiage Buses NX is restoring and that could be based at PB as part of the Private Hire fleet.
The 96 goes under the same bridge as the 28 in Erdington. The 66 goes under the Erdington Station bridge on its way to/from Sutton.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Can't have Deckers on any of the PB single decker routes as they all have low bridges/bridge restrictions. 

The Real 4777

Why can't 4777 et al oper8 the ate? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk