News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: paulb1973 on October 10, 2018, 03:07:58 PM
Cov 4211 which is listed as still in service - appears to be at Miller St (pic on Flickr). So I assume that one is now withdrawn/in reserve.

After reading this about 4211 and later seeing the photo of it standing in Miller Street, i was quite shocked to see the very mentioned Bus (4211) in Town here late tonight, out in service on the 7 route to Brownshill Green !!!! (Was a nice surprise to have, seeing that old Bus still here !).

paulb1973

Its made a quick comeback!? I assume a replacement for 4203.

Coventry Transport Dude

I reckon you could possibly be right there on that Paul, as 4211 i assume must have gone over to Miller Street and into the reserve fleet, but due to the unexpected sudden demise of 4203, was then like you say, quickly reinstated back home to Cov again to replace it ?  If this does happen to be true about 4211, then i must say a big thank you to the person (or persons ?) responsible for having this Bus reinstated, as it's nice whenever something like that happens, although it's still a shame about 4203 though and what sadly happened to it !!!!

Tony

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on October 20, 2018, 02:23:21 AM
I reckon you could possibly be right there on that Paul, as 4211 i assume must have gone over to Miller Street and into the reserve fleet, but due to the unexpected sudden demise of 4203, was then like you say, quickly reinstated back home to Cov again to replace it ?  If this does happen to be true about 4211, then i must say a big thank you to the person (or persons ?) responsible for having this Bus reinstated, as it's nice whenever something like that happens, although it's still a shame about 4203 though and what sadly happened to it !!!!

It was never withdrawn. Buses go to Miller Street for attention as well. 4323 is there at the moment

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2018, 06:12:14 AM
It was never withdrawn. Buses go to Miller Street for attention as well. 4323 is there at the moment

"THANK YOU" for clearing that up Tony regarding 4211, as it's much appreciated !  I never knew that about Buses going for repair over at Miller Street, as i always got the impression that it was the place where Buses venture to, so as to either go into reserve, or to wait for the scrap men to come and collect them ??? (It's always good to learn and so thanks again for that !).

P419 EJW

Just seen this on Flickr, does anyone know which Trident it was? It was taken on 10th October 2018.
https://flic.kr/p/PLU1Y7

John

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 23, 2018, 01:24:38 PM
Just seen this on Flickr, does anyone know which Trident it was? It was taken on 10th October 2018.
https://flic.kr/p/PLU1Y7

Could be 4186. See the same mark above the upper deck front window on the top pic
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4186.html

P419 EJW

Quote from: John on October 23, 2018, 01:57:13 PM
Could be 4186. See the same mark above the upper deck front window on the top pic
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4186.html

Hmm, possibly! Thanks, @John.

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2018, 09:01:32 PM
SPS is First. NX sold them to Dawson Group who have leased or sold them to First for possible use on internal shuttles at the Nuclear Plant SPS serves

When did the 6 x Citaro Bendi's get sold to Dawson Group?

As there's no disposal recorded for them / they are still showing on the NXWM fleetlist as withdrawn.

paulb1973

Quote from: Winston on November 15, 2018, 09:23:59 PM
When did the 6 x Citaro Bendi's get sold to Dawson Group?

As there's no disposal recorded for them / they are still showing on the NXWM fleetlist as withdrawn.

Tony, was possibly only referring to two of them (6015/21 I think). Perhaps the other four remain under NX ownership. I guess he'll update us.

DJ

Is 1461 still at Miller Street, as it was there as of February according to a photo on the main site?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

P419 EJW

Quote from: StourValley98 on December 04, 2018, 01:59:34 AM
Is 1461 still at Miller Street, as it was there as of February according to a photo on the main site?

Yeah, 1461 is still at Miller Street. Someone pictured it on 30th November 2018. Photo credit to West Midlands Travel Photos: https://flic.kr/p/2dhvtcH

paulb1973

Tony has updated the remaining Bendi's - they have all gone (6014/17-18/20 for scrap during 11/18) so that ends that little chapter in history.

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 04, 2018, 02:58:53 PM
Tony has updated the remaining Bendi's - they have all gone (6014/17-18/20 for scrap during 11/18) so that ends that little chapter in history.

Any idea at all Paul, where these four Cov Bendi-buses have been stored since they left Wheatley Street Garage (which was some time ago now !), up until they sadly made their final journey up to PVS in Barnsley last month ?

Tony

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on December 04, 2018, 03:44:02 PM
Any idea at all Paul, where these four Cov Bendi-buses have been stored since they left Wheatley Street Garage (which was some time ago now !), up until they sadly made their final journey up to PVS in Barnsley last month ?

Stansted Airport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk