News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigereelam

Last Thurs... Coventry yard
1550, 1558, 1566, 1608, 1625 and 1680

4130Quinton

Quote from: Tigereelam on December 08, 2014, 08:38:46 PM
Last Thurs... Coventry yard
1550, 1558, 1566, 1608, 1625 and 1680

1550 was in Miller Street by Saturday the 6th parked beside the rear gate.

Eric Shaw

1669 is in Miller St and has been for a couple of weeks. Winston said it was withdrawn in answer to my question on 14th November. It hasn't appeared in official withdrawals. Is it there for work to be done on it?

Ashley

1669 was withdrawn in september

desmond_tay

Are there any plans for any of the mercs to be acquired for restoration? Would be a shame to see these great buses marching off into the history books!

Tony

Quote from: desmond_tay on December 12, 2014, 11:42:05 PM
Are there any plans for any of the mercs to be acquired for restoration? Would be a shame to see these great buses marching off into the history books!

I don't know of anyone interested in buying one. I am sure NX would sell one for preservation next year if they wanted one

1652 would have been ideal having never been repainted in its entire time it was in service, oh well no matter its probably re-incarnated as an ADL BUS, i think corrosion issues and self combusting nature of these buses may put potential preservationists off for many.

the trainbasher

I wonder how long the mercs have left and would someone be mad enough to see if NXWM will let them hire the last one/two for their last day in service...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

filbus1

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 13, 2014, 03:01:50 PM
I wonder how long the mercs have left and would someone be mad enough to see if NXWM will let them hire the last one/two for their last day in service...
I have friends who are interested in saving 1515 when withdrawn but we will wait and see what happens.

Tony

Quote from: filbus1 on December 13, 2014, 03:27:34 PM
I have friends who are interested in saving 1515 when withdrawn but we will wait and see what happens.

If they are serious, when it gets withdrawn I give give you a contact to obtain a price from

filbus1

Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2014, 03:30:34 PM
Quote from: filbus1 on December 13, 2014, 03:27:34 PM

If they are serious, when it gets withdrawn I give give you a contact to obtain a price from
Thanks, will enquire what they intend to do.

I hear a few groups/persons are interested but wether they actually go through with it is a different matter. I really hope one does get preserved, years to come one certainly would arouse interest and be a good reminder of the past. Although 'modern heaps of junk' they still served the public for many years and in the future will still preserve memories of people who used them and worked with them. Personally I would love to be able to ride one of these again in 20 years time....if I'm still alive  :P
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

winston

Quote from: Winston on December 08, 2014, 03:20:05 PM
Pensnett reserve fleet has had a load of new inmates:

B10L 1426

Mercs 1553, 1586, 1612, 1619, 1636, 1639 & 1666

They are all parked down the very bottom of the reserve fleet yard, 1420 is also parked with rear up against the bottom fence

New additions in to Pensnett's reserve fleet yard are Mercs 1696 & 1700

Gareth

1407 and 1408 were both seen traveling down Washwood Heath road this afternoon on trade plates.
Not sure where they were heading or where they had come from, but they weren't to be seen at Miller Street later on in the afternoon.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on January 19, 2015, 09:47:23 PM
1407 and 1408 were both seen traveling down Washwood Heath road this afternoon on trade plates.
Not sure where they were heading or where they had come from, but they weren't to be seen at Miller Street later on in the afternoon.

They were on there way from Lea Hall, Don't know where they were going to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk