News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Drivers to Enthusiasts

Started by MrBevan2000, October 28, 2013, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBevan2000

Have just been reading this about my friends and find this truly disgusting how some drivers react to Enthusiasts. http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/10/25/shropshire-bus-spotters-upset-at-drivers-rude-reaction/

notepanel

Going slightly off the main point of this topic, but I am genuinely surprised at how supportive towards the enthusiasts and the hobby the comments seem to be!

I always believe that companies should sometimes be more honest and not skirt around issues when they've done nothing wrong, and I understand that there are two sides to every story, however the man from Minsterley doesn't come across to well in that article!

Rob H

I know every time Dave Spencer films our Buses the drivers always give a smile, wave or a thumbs up :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

the trainbasher

Imo the two persons mentioned in the article should grow a pair and the article itself is a consignment of geriatric shoe manufacturers.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

trident4370

Having met one of those guys before, I'm not taken in by this. I don't condone any driver behaving like that to anybody be it spotter, passenger, colleague or enemy but all I am saying is there are two sides to a story.

Liverpool Street

Haha. Ruined photographs.

I've never been bothered by nuts taking photos, its no big deal in Brum. In these other areas it seems its more of an annoyance issue.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

notepanel

A quick Google search will show this story has also made several National newspapers.

According to the Daily Mail, they are "Bus perverts"...

trident4370

Quote from: notepanel on October 28, 2013, 09:53:01 PM
A quick Google search will show this story has also made several National newspapers.

Now THAT made me smile!

Liverpool Street

HA! That's brilliant!

In all seriousness though, I don't think there is true substance to this story.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Tony

hmmmm - plural, may be not!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2013, 09:57:16 PM

hmmmm - plural, may be not!

Shock, horror. The Daily Fail gets something (half) right....

the trainbasher

Now I am at my computer I can give a full and frank opinion on this matter.

It is a pile of utter turd, a complete non story! Some drivers are just going to be more hostile now to enthusiasts. They are idiots - I have been sworn at before by a couple of drivers and I just take it like a man and shake it off.

It is a Consignment of Geriatric Shoe Manufacturers (If in doubt look at Yes Minister for the code CGSM to help!)

I am getting fed off of reading comments and statuses and being told by people about it. The pair of them just need to grow a pair and get a life - i.e. not running to the press about something stupid.

Here is a selection of comments from the Daily Mail version of the story:

Quote from: Roy IoW, RydeSo, at least one of them doesn't work, and I assume the other ones doesn't either, go out every day taking pictures of buses. Why are they not looking for work, perhaps in a photographers shop for example, since again I assume that they are living on benefits, which my taxes help to pay for. Since I am retired, then I could if I wished go out every day and take pictures of buses, trains, aircraft, what ever took my fancy, but then I worked for 48 years before retiring, which is a darn sight more than these two have been alive.....

Quote from: Steel City, North of WatfordBus spotting, train spotting or whatever is a simple inoffensive photographic hobby. The bad attitude may result from the fact that many bus drivers have a limited level of intellect and will see offense in anything. Unfortunately there are some really sad people about.

Quote from: beemmeupscotty, Glasgowthe bus drivers should lose there jobs, that is not appropriate behaviour in public yes they may be werdos but no different to tourist taking photos of monuments etc

Quote from: Steve The Cool Bloke, EssexI haven't encountered a friendly bus driver since the 70s. They are all rude. It's like they are upset because that's the best job they can get. Driving us to our proper jobs. It costs nothing to smile, you grumpy lot.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Beemmeupscotty and 'Steve the cool bloke' - STFU.

Maybe if the passengers weren't so abusive then maybe we would give a smile? The publics attitude towards us has changed, so what do you expect? Why should we be treated like crud and yet still need to sit there and smile and take it? With all due respect if any passenger disrespected me, called me a liar, or anything else, then I would ask them to leave the vehicle. I wouldn't take that crap from my kids so why would I take it off some arrogant piece of censorship like 'Steve the cool bloke'.

Yes, be professional by all means but don't be taken for a fool and a dogs body.

I never got sacked. You've just got to Know your limits.
until it cought fire

trident4370

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 28, 2013, 10:53:01 PM

I am getting fed off of reading comments and statuses and being told by people about it. The pair of them just need to grow a pair and get a life - i.e. not running to the press about something stupid.

"Fakeway" has a habit of exaggerating things anyway, I know pictures don't lie but I'll bet he did!

the trainbasher

Quote from: trident4370 on October 28, 2013, 11:24:21 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on October 28, 2013, 10:53:01 PM

"Fakeway" has a habit of exaggerating things anyway, I know pictures don't lie but I'll bet he did!

Exactly - I could say more as I had the experience of seeing him totally drunk - and a few other meaningful words but it's not very family friendly or suitable for ladies!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk