News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Oh dear National express!

Started by BU07 LGO, October 26, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

http://circleoflondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Would have made a nice picture though seeing a 900 enviro in Kingshurst!

monkeyjoe

Guy sounds a bit simple and a t*at  ::)

Liberator9

He obviously forgot a very simple rule; check the destination boards, and don't rely just on route branding.

Nathan4775

Quote from: BU07 LGO on October 26, 2013, 03:30:19 PM
http://circleoflondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Would have made a nice picture though seeing a 900 enviro in Kingshurst!

Heres 4902 on the 59
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/9734315129/in/set-72157635254405897

It made for good reading though  ;D
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

trident4370

He sounds a toffee nosed ponce anyway...

Stu

I'm pretty sure at the coach station there is one of those big information maps, which shows you where to catch your bus and onward destinations blah blah etc. So there was no need to walk up to Moor Street, as the 900 stops outside the Coach Station anyway.

And yes, the big giveaway is always the big LED display on the front of the bus.  ::)

Besides, he could have asked staff at the coach station for bus advice, and the final fail was not confirming with the driver if he was going to the NEC.

The moral of the story, as he does admit himself, is indeed to plan ahead before you travel.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 26, 2013, 06:43:21 PM
I'm pretty sure at the coach station there is one of those big information maps, which shows you where to catch your bus and onward destinations blah blah etc. So there was no need to walk up to Moor Street, as the 900 stops outside the Coach Station anyway.

And yes, the big giveaway is always the big LED display on the front of the bus.  ::)

Besides, he could have asked staff at the coach station for bus advice, and the final fail was not confirming with the driver if he was going to the NEC.

The moral of the story, as he does admit himself, is indeed to plan ahead before you travel.

Yes the clue was when it was going through Small Heath he noticed it was stopping at bus stops it wasn't meant to! Bit of a clue that why not ask then, Driver could have easily put him off between Hay Mills and Swan Island to catch a 900!

Stu

Yes, if you're travelling in unfamiliar territory, it doesn't hurt to just quickly check with the driver as you board. A simple "does this go to the NEC?" would have saved an unnecessary journey and wouldn't have caused any embarrassment.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

That is of course assuming it was a real story and not just fantasized for the blog ;)

Liverpool Street

I thought he was talking about the 900... "stopping at every stop, even though it was supposed to be an express service" ..
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

notepanel

He should also count himself lucky that the 571 coach service up from London actually arrived early and was a branded vehicle!

Tony

Quote from: notepanel on October 26, 2013, 10:02:16 PM
He should also count himself lucky that the 571 coach service up from London actually arrived early and was a branded vehicle!

Yes, moaning about a slow vehicle that arrives 10 minutes early!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on October 26, 2013, 10:04:56 PM
Quote from: notepanel on October 26, 2013, 10:02:16 PM

Yes, moaning about a slow vehicle that arrives 10 minutes early!

Exactly. I dare say he's upset over the way the things accelerate. Expect car acceleration in a coach. Prat.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Quote from: Stu on October 26, 2013, 07:21:38 PM
Yes, if you're travelling in unfamiliar territory, it doesn't hurt to just quickly check with the driver as you board. A simple "does this go to the NEC?" would have saved an unnecessary journey and wouldn't have caused any embarrassment.

I gather London is much more 'hectic' than this. They run the same routes on a couple of operators, however, they're all big operators. Not to mention the fact that Birmingham is a MUCH MORE SMALLER CITY than London. We are able to get a lot branding on our buses, something London cannot be able to do now. Also, that's why there's a LED Display for, as everyone else has stated.  ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

To be honest I tend to ignore peoples views on bus services unless they are fairly local to them and use them fairly regularly, so for example when I go on holiday I wouldn't make any general criticisms etc.. Of the services I see because you can't get a full picture in a day/week so if this guy is "never going to use National Express again" because of one trip and one stupid mistake then that frankly is his own mistake because I think National Express on the whole do a fantastic job in the Midlands, yes there are a few niggles but we have a fantastic operation going on despite a lack of proper infrastructure, bus lanes, priorities, council support etc..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk