News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WMPTE / WMT / NXWM Combined fleet list, 1969-present

Started by Isle of Stroma, October 19, 2013, 01:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Is the fleetlist still here, cant seem to access it.

@Bham Central Driver - The file clips are still there/showing, I suspect it is unavailable due to the current ongoing issues with the forum which are affecting attachements / uploads etc, Winston
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Steve3229vp

B.C Driver

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 28, 2016, 05:17:25 PM
I can't get it either

That's a shame, was looking forward to checking some withdrawal dates on there.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on February 28, 2016, 07:32:44 PM
That's a shame, was looking forward to checking some withdrawal dates on there.

I didn't keep copies of the originals, but fear not. As per my 2014 post:

Work has now begun on my long-held wish to compile a new version to include chassis/body numbers & allocation histories. This will be a mammoth job (in the region of 400-500 A4 pages) & I don't expect completion before next year.
I'll be looking at ways of making it available (if anyone's interested) nearer the date, though it's highly unlikely to be a free download due to the size!

Work is slowly ongoing  ;) although I don't have anything to show at the mo'

Bryan

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on February 28, 2016, 09:39:28 PM
I didn't keep copies of the originals, but fear not. As per my 2014 post:

Work has now begun on my long-held wish to compile a new version to include chassis/body numbers & allocation histories. This will be a mammoth job (in the region of 400-500 A4 pages) & I don't expect completion before next year.
I'll be looking at ways of making it available (if anyone's interested) nearer the date, though it's highly unlikely to be a free download due to the size!

Work is slowly ongoing  ;) although I don't have anything to show at the mo'

I'm sincerely looking forward to it.

CL

I think I posted this a while back - (it had some outdated information?) - that had since been modified, and updated from the 20th March, this year. And now even includes the latest addition of 3301.

- Didn't want to start another thread. I guess this one was the most acceptable to put it in.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Adam 404

Quote from: clayderman on April 08, 2016, 10:22:16 PM

I think I posted this a while back - (it had some outdated information?) - that had since been modified, and updated from the 20th March, this year. And now even includes the latest addition of 3301.

- Didn't want to start another thread. I guess this one was the most acceptable to put it in.
I notice that 4224 is missing for whatever reason  ;)

busboy31

He forget to put the names of 4799-4829, 4876-4883, 4940-4949,

CL

Upon some further inspections, there are a few mistakes. Nevertheless, I just want to point out that this isn't mine, and so I can't edit it. However, it does say in the directory that updates can be submitted to "fleetnews@ukbuses[dot]co[dot]uk"

http://www.ukbuses.co.uk/#Fleet Lists
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: clayderman on April 08, 2016, 10:22:16 PM

Not really. That links to the current fleet list - although it really shouldn't need to be pointed out that Tony's main site (You know, the parent site to this forum) contains a bang up to date illustrated fleet list.

Whereas this thread specifically relates to a MASTER list, i.e. everything since the formation of W.M.P.T.E. in 1969.

>EDIT< A progress report. I'm currently have a 370 A4 page monolith on my hands with a load more work to do. I am looking to upload what I have sometime around the summer, this will (hopefully) be on a standalone forum. I should point out though that I've expanded my original aim of basically an allocation history to encompass virtually anything of interest to a vehicle's history - liveries etc. I don't & won't have all the information, so again it will be down to how much missing  info' anyone can be bothered to volunteer as to how complete the list will be.

I'll point out that I have no plan to charge for printouts or profit from this, my primary interest is to make a list as complete and accurate as possible.

The Real 4778

Fair play to you Dave, and thanks for all your patient hard work, this will be an invaluable resource - there's quite a few over on a certain Baby Trains site that will find it of considerable interest  ;)

'Chard
Don't you start.

cardew

Hello Dave. This master fleet list is something I would be very interested in seeing, certainly the WMPTE era anyway. How is it progressing? I can appreciate the magnitude of the project.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: cardew on February 01, 2017, 06:26:53 PM
Hello Dave. This master fleet list is something I would be very interested in seeing, certainly the WMPTE era anyway. How is it progressing? I can appreciate the magnitude of the project.

For a number of reasons, I've taken a 6 month break from the project.

There'll be a further delay before resumption, as further expenses cutting means I'm switching from MS Office to Open Office & all my text/spreadsheet files need to migrate platforms. Unfortunately the new suite doesn't like my page/text layout/formatting, particularly with this file, so I'll need to sort that out before any work resumes.

MW

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on February 22, 2017, 12:41:54 PM
For a number of reasons, I've taken a 6 month break from the project.

There'll be a further delay before resumption, as further expenses cutting means I'm switching from MS Office to Open Office & all my text/spreadsheet files need to migrate platforms. Unfortunately the new suite doesn't like my page/text layout/formatting, particularly with this file, so I'll need to sort that out before any work resumes.

Why don't you just download a Microsoft Office torrent?

Do people actually pay for Office?

Stu

Quote from: MW on February 22, 2017, 01:26:18 PM
Why don't you just download a Microsoft Office torrent?

Do people actually pay for Office?

I wouldn't be encouraging people to use illegal software.

I do actually pay for Office thank you, but that was I find it useful and because I got sick of using pirated versions that included hidden malware.

If you can't afford Office, and don't mind losing SOME of the functionality, LibreOffice is a good FREE alternative:
https://www.libreoffice.org/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk