News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Occasional bus services

Started by :D, October 18, 2013, 09:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

For the sake of stopping the comments of "there is no such thing as a parliamentary bus service" (yes we know, one post with the comment is enough), chance we can rename the thread?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

tc

Having used the 900A journey between Birmingham and Coventry for a few weeks it is actually very busy with Airport workers with early starts. Not sure about the 59A though.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on October 20, 2013, 09:13:14 PM
For the sake of stopping the comments of "there is no such thing as a parliamentary bus service" (yes we know, one post with the comment is enough), chance we can rename the thread?

What would you prefer it be named?

And nice to see the 900A with decent running time. One of the only routes left which true company standards can be achieved.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

:D

Quote from: Kevin on October 20, 2013, 09:13:14 PM
I have changed title and the OP. Hope it's better now.

notepanel

One journey I've never quite understood (but may just be missing something) is the morning 159C journey between Pelsall (0739) & Castlefort, Streets Corner (0756). This particular bus then goes onto the 727 school service immediately after arrival at Castlefort, but I don't understand the purpose of this particular 159C journey!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: notepanel on October 23, 2013, 06:16:49 PM
One journey I've never quite understood (but may just be missing something) is the morning 159C journey between Pelsall (0739) & Castlefort, Streets Corner (0756). This particular bus then goes onto the 727 school service immediately after arrival at Castlefort, but I don't understand the purpose of this particular 159C journey!

Its probably just positioning mileage, notepanel.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Sh4318

Can we include the X56 into this mix? 5 journeys a day?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Westy

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 23, 2013, 06:21:35 PM

Why start it from Pelsall?

Didn't the 159C run to & from the depot at one point?

notepanel

Quote from: Westy on November 18, 2013, 10:17:05 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 23, 2013, 06:21:35 PM

Why start it from Pelsall?

Didn't the 159C run to & from the depot at one point?

Currently there are three AM journeys on the '159' corridor:
159C Pelsall (0739) to Castlefort (0756)
159 Walsall Garage (0811) to St Francis of Assisi School (0848)
159C Pelsall (0823) to St Francis of Assisi School (0850)

Both 159C journeys (after the earlier one has operated the 727) then go on to Walsall College duties, so in theory should always be operating using 244, 4127, 4128 or 4776? The 159 journey is operated using either a B6, B10 or OmniLink as it then goes on to operate a solitary 38 journey (Darlaston-Walsall) at 0941.

The return journeys are both at 1540 with just one 159C running to Pelsall & the 159 to the depot.

CL

Not really to do with the West Midlands area in general. But in London, they have a service, 23A... The frequency, you may ask? ONE BUS A YEAR (Talk about a late bus!  ::) ;D)

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on December 08, 2013, 08:49:17 PM
Not really to do with the West Midlands area in general. But in London, they have a service, 23A... The frequency, you may ask? ONE BUS A YEAR (Talk about a late bus!  ::) ;D)

....technically one day a year isn't it? but numerous buses on that day
Pretty sure someone has mentioned it on here before?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

Technically, yeah...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

Yeah there's a link to the blog of the guy who went on it; Imber is basically a fake village for army training but the war was over before it was used properly; there is a functioning church there which sells tea and cakes and active mines if you leave the road!

ply
With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 08, 2013, 09:06:37 PM
With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Where is this tool LS?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 08, 2013, 09:08:58 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 08, 2013, 09:06:37 PM

Where is this tool LS?

You have to go into your forum option panel and male sure the tick box is selected. I'll do it for you if you like. Bear with me.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk