News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Earlswood

Started by James4368, October 14, 2013, 06:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

do any buses of nxwm go to earlswood as im going to my friends party at earlswood paintballing centre deltaforce
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Rob H

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on October 14, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
do any buses of nxwm go to earlswood as im going to my friends party at earlswood paintballing centre deltaforce

I don't think they do not to my knowledge anyway :) You'll all enjoy it I've been paintballing twice and loved every second of it each time and hope your friend has a great day :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stu

There is no bus to that part of Earlswood, NXWM don't go out there.

Nearest bus would be Johnson's X20 to Hockley Heath then a walk up Cut Throat Lane to the centre.

Or get the train to The Lakes, but you'll still have to walk there.

I agree with Rob though, many years ago now we had a works day out at Delta Force, was a great day!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

No, they don't. The train is your best friend here ;). The xx:27 from Birmingham Snow Hill, xx:30 from Birmingham Moor Street will take you to Earlswood, arriving at xx:53 past the hour.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on October 14, 2013, 07:05:00 PM
There is no bus to that part of Earlswood, NXWM don't go out there.

Nearest bus would be Johnson's X20 to Hockley Heath then a walk up Cut Throat Lane to the centre.

I agree - and the X20 gets much closer to Delta Force than the train does.  However, it isn't a safe walk to get there from any direction - the roads are narrow and windy, and cars speed along them.  It goes against the grain to say this, but if you can't get a lift, a taxi is the best bet.

Steveminor

Grosvenor used to run a regular service out there but it failed miserably. They do still run a school bus between earlswood & Solihull but I'm not sure if this is a registered service or private

pgdarts

There's also The Johnsons X50/150 Service from Bham to Redditch, which You could get off at Inkford Brook (horse & jockey pub) & take a Public footpath across fields from there, but other than That as already mentioned is the Johnsosns X20 at Hockley Heath or The Train to The Lakes stn

vinh1000

Just noticed 517 flexibus stops on Rotherhams Oak Lane
Shame it aint more frequent
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk