News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Plans for the day

Started by domino.99, October 13, 2013, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Hey guys
Just wondering what your plans are when you go out 'on the buses'.

Ashley 4566

For me personally as more of a "basher" than photographer even though I do both, i think you either go to your favourite spots for bashing and/or photographs, your out just for photographs or your out to finish off batches of vehicles for example ive been on all the mercs that are in service now or I only need to ride 3 YW Liberators and one WB B6LE but my list of photos I need is pretty bigger. Probably different for others but thats for me anyway.

the trainbasher

I have a habit of just getting on any bus I can catch.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley 4566

I go by that one if im having a day of anything goes but if im feeling mad enough to complete the plastic then i dont fancy getting the same ones too much

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Ashley 4566 on October 13, 2013, 10:07:40 AM
For me personally as more of a "basher" than photographer even though I do both, i think you either go to your favourite spots for bashing and/or photographs, your out just for photographs or your out to finish off batches of vehicles for example ive been on all the mercs that are in service now or I only need to ride 3 YW Liberators and one WB B6LE but my list of photos I need is pretty bigger. Probably different for others but thats for me anyway.

What's the difference? Basher vs. Photographer vs. Nut?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ashley 4566

Well there are some enthusiasts that primarily take photos, some just like bashing and others like many on here like to do both

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Ashley 4566 on October 13, 2013, 04:05:30 PM
Well there are some enthusiasts that primarily take photos, some just like bashing and others like many on here like to do both

I presume by 'bashing' you mean 'travelling on' ?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ashley 4566

Yes I mean travelling on, sorry

Kevin

Generally I go out with a desire to ride a particular route, or couple routes. If I'm determined enough I will go as far as searching through all the timetables to plan it all thoroughly but usually just wing it on the timings.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on October 13, 2013, 09:07:03 PM
Generally I go out with a desire to ride a particular route, or couple routes. If I'm determined enough I will go as far as searching through all the timetables to plan it all thoroughly but usually just wing it on the timings.

I used to do that, but quite often something would go wrong, now i just decide which route(s) i would like to ride and as long as they are of a decent frequency, then i just go & ride my luck!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 13, 2013, 09:11:59 PM
Quote from: Kevin on October 13, 2013, 09:07:03 PM

I used to do that, but quite often something would go wrong, now i just decide which route(s) i would like to ride and as long as they are of a decent frequency, then i just go & ride my luck!

Yeah, regularly used to find meself with half hour to kill in the middle of bloody nowhere. Now I tend to use the live bus times app on me phone if I'm not sure
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley 4566

Thats something ive learnt to do whilst route learning, find the right place to change vehicles to avoid long waits

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk