News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Untimetabled 'E' Workings

Started by John, October 09, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 01, 2016, 08:54:19 PM
Because I'm not one to take offence easily.

lol I disagree with that.

you seem to always have your knickers in a twist about something or other

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 01, 2016, 08:54:19 PM
Because I'm not one to take offence easily.

Good, because NXWM need the fence later to secure the depot

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

Sh4318

4738 on a 87E to Burnt Tree Junction, saw about 10 minutes ago on the Oldbury Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

Got into city centre about 16:30 to see the 24 I was on change onto a 24E to Harborne.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

Their was a 58E Deritend, Adderley Street earlier.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Michael Bevan

Just passed an X4 display "Short Journey to Falcon Lodge" and an X5 displaying "Short Journey to Sutton Coldfield". I've also just passed a X14 displaying "Short Journey to Bagot Arms".

sonic84

99E spotted in Halesowen at 17.45 for QE Hospital.

MasterPlan

I have wondered why timetabled E workings can't display via information? I've seen the 74Es start to display it now but I think others would benefit too. Like I've been on 29Es where people have asked does this go to x to the driver because all it says is Northfield Town Centre.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 07, 2016, 07:14:21 AM
I have wondered why timetabled E workings can't display via information? I've seen the 74Es start to display it now but I think others would benefit too. Like I've been on 29Es where people have asked does this go to x to the driver because all it says is Northfield Town Centre.

The big solo terminal point is deliberate to make people notice them as a short working. Far better to have someone ask the driver if it goes to a place, than someone getting on thinking it is a full journey and getting turfed off half way

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2016, 08:20:54 AM
The big solo terminal point is deliberate to make people notice them as a short working. Far better to have someone ask the driver if it goes to a place, than someone getting on thinking it is a full journey and getting turfed off half way

Most people do the latter anyway

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2016, 08:20:54 AM

Fair enough, although surely in the case if the 29 for example they wouldn't be hoping to go to Frankly if it says Northfield anyway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

MW

It works well with the 11. The displays were recently changed to show the whole destination in a big "f*** off" font so the idiots have no excuses.

Stu

Quote from: MW on December 07, 2016, 03:41:49 PM
It works well with the 11. The displays were recently changed to show the whole destination in a big "f*** off" font so the idiots have no excuses.

But you do still get people trying to get on an 11E to Acocks Green when it arrives in Acocks Green.  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk