News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

permission if you turn up to a garage

Started by James4368, October 05, 2013, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

if you go to a garage e.g Birmingham central or Wolverhampton can you ask there permission if you can have a look around?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Tony

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on October 05, 2013, 07:50:16 PM
if you go to a garage e.g Birmingham central or Wolverhampton can you ask there permission if you can have a look around?

You can ask. But it is extremely unlikely you will be allowed around.

Stuharris 6360

Tony will be able to tell you exactly, but am sure you have to write and make arrangements with National Express, if you just turn up it may possibly not be convenient for you to look round.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Nathan4775

On my 2 visits to PB

1st time - I just turned up with my mom and was allowed around
2nd time - Booked a trip around with thanks to my moms freind knowing the manager

Things may be different now though
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 05, 2013, 08:00:27 PM

Tony will be able to tell you exactly, but am sure you have to write and make arrangements with National Express, if you just turn up it may possibly not be convenient for you to look round.

No non-employee is allowed in unless they are accompanied by someone who knows all the health and safety rules at that garage. Even I have to carry a 'H&S safety induction passport' that has been signed by someone at that garage within the last two years to say I have been given the rules for that garage before I am allowed into anywhere other than my usual place of work.

James4368

Thinking of going up bc tomorrow and rob might come (rob4367)
Local Bus Routes

Nathan4775

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on October 05, 2013, 08:10:09 PM

Have fun  :) I know I do on my garage visits
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

James4368

Local Bus Routes

Liverpool Street

I can tell you for a fact you will not be allowed around BC. Even of a Sunday the engineering manager does some hours and doesn't take likely to people snooping around!! And with Health and Safety you'd need full site induction as per Tony's post. Save yourself the embarrassment and hastle and a wasted trip and do it through the correct channels.

I don't think you realise how busy BC is 24/7. In know AG/YW is busy but it takes months of preperation.

And don't just help yourself. Police could be involved and the company could ban all enthusiasts and enthusiast days. Dont spoil it for everyone.

Take some advice please  :)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

You can't just turn up unforunatley and it is very unlikley on a Sunday. My mom got in contact with Park Lane garage in which they told us to put it in a letter in which 2 weeks later they sent me a letter telling me when i was going,Where to report to and the Health and Saftey rules/procedures attached to the back and my mom had to accompany me and i was taken round by Matthew Jukes at Park Lane Garage.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4609 on October 05, 2013, 09:42:09 PM

You can't just turn up unforunatley and it is very unlikley on a Sunday. My mom got in contact with Park Lane garage in which they told us to put it in a letter in which 2 weeks later they sent me a letter telling me when i was going,Where to report to and the Health and Saftey rules/procedures attached to the back and my mom had to accompany me and i was taken round by Matthew Jukes at Park Lane Garage.

This.

Go through the right channels and all good things come to those who wait!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Although it took a few weeks to sort out, I sorted it through the right way and i was allowed to visit.

James, Just do what i did and get in contact with the garage (In your case BC) and they will tell you to write a letter

James4368

can you phone the company if so what's there number?
Local Bus Routes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk